December 7th 1941

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

December 7th 1941

Post by IronNoggin »

Never Forget!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
grouse

Re: December 7th 1941

Post by grouse »

I was thinking about this date while I was driving today. No one has mentioned it on any newscast that I've seen or heard so far today. It used to be noted prominently every year. I hope I just missed some recognition of what this date represents.

Thanks for posting.
axiom
350 SE
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Today is my Fathers 98th birthday , Pear Harbor was attacked on his 17th birthday he wanted to enlist at 17 but his parents would not sign the waver but on his 18th b-day he enlisted and was in the army air core flying a DC37 in the pacific.
I visited him yesterday on my way home from Mussel loader hunting .
He still gets around with a walker.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:37 pm
Today is my Fathers 98th birthday , Pear Harbor was attacked on his 17th birthday he wanted to enlist at 17 but his parents would not sign the waver but on his 18th b-day he enlisted and was in the army air core flying a DC37 in the pacific.
I visited him yesterday on my way home from Mussel loader hunting .
He still gets around with a walker.
Fantastic, may he live in good health n mind
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

My Pa H L Hall had enlisted in the US Navy in 1939. He was on the USS Washington Battleship in the Atlantic,they were searching for the Bismark. On this day in 1941 my Pa put in for a transfer to the West coast naval fleet. To any fighting combat ship available needing a 3rd class Bosun mate. In less than 30 days he had orders to the USS Wasp aircraft carriet in the Pacific. He fought in every major Naval battle n was on 3 ships that were sunk while in the Battles !
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It never happened, because google doodle is ignoring it. As a matter of fact they took down the Christmas tree balls that have been dangling for the month of Dec and just left the plain google text there. Betch the google balls are back tomorrow :crazy:

"wokeism" promotes the erasing of history.

:thumbdown:

respect to those who have served. I visited Pearl Harbour, sadly the Arizona was closed to visitors. It was the one thing i insisted we do during out trip to Hawaii.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Was to Pearl harbor a number of times . Was a sombre feeling sailing in past all the markers still there .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

You know I watched the news on the 7th.
On several channels.
IF anything was said, it was less than a 15 second spot.
That speak horribly of us as a Nation.

I think we want our kids and grandkids to forget.

To Forget the price that was paid for their freedom.
To Forget the cost in human lives.
To Forget the suffering and sacrifices.
To Forget where they come from.
To Forget those who came before.

In all the days of my life, I WILL NEVER FORGET!!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have been to Pearl Harbor. Went through the museum, rode to boat out to the Arizona Memorial. If you finish that with dry eyes, me thinks maybe your heart is not working. Horrible start to a horrible thing. Pray we never have to endure that again.