Excalibur Beacon Illuminated Nock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Excalibur Beacon Illuminated Nock

Post by janesy »

I glued some in with hot glue. The only downside is that after taking the time to cut square and finish the shaft, the glue in between the aluminum insert does away with all the effort to true the shaft. But I also want then to be removable, so who knows. There is no free lunch.

The nocks themselves are the best I've used. I've been selling off my stock of Luminocks in favour of the Beacons.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

janesy wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:06 am
I glued some in with hot glue. The only downside is that after taking the time to cut square and finish the shaft, the glue in between the aluminum insert does away with all the effort to true the shaft. But I also want then to be removable, so who knows. There is no free lunch.

The nocks themselves are the best I've used. I've been selling off my stock of Luminocks in favour of the Beacons.
Agree 100% :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

I just want to share a additional note regarding securing the Rhino bushing using white Teflon tape.

The bushing recieves a final visit with my squaring tool so my arrow customers can be assured the shaft end and bushing face end up square.

This is one of the benefits of buying a custom arrow.
The small detailing features add up to better success in the field.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
lituani

Post by lituani »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:18 pm
lituani wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:27 pm

I bought two sets of 3/$21 lighted nocks and they doubled my order free. 3 out of 12 didn't work at all. Didn't waste my time risking them in the field and am out $42 :x Sticking with Lumenocks. Or, perhaps changing over to these new Beacons.
....curious as to what brand?.....and YES, STICK to Lummy's..... if you have them, smoke them, if not the new Beacons although not field tested by the forum, seem interesting....
Nockout brand. They included extras in ziploc bag with decal stating:
"We have included an extra nock(s) if one of the packaged lights fails to illuminate before initial use. If all packaged nocks work, please keep the extra as a spare."
Couldn't return them, but will NEVER use them. Who sells product which is knowingly defective and provides free spares?! Apparently Nockout. Zero confidence it will light-up when crunch time.

DO NOT BUY Nockout brand. Would post picture if I can figure out how (not very friendly site for posting pix).
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

….I heard they weren’t that great (Nockout)…between Lumenoks for my Excaliburs and Firenocks for my Scorpyd I am set for life….at 65.5 I see no need to experiment, yet again…. As much as there is all the hype w Firenocks, the only reason I use them is because the Firenock capture nock is the only nock recommended by Scorpyd…so I sought of had to buy into the Firenock system…but I am a convinced user of the simple Lumenoks….to me the argument against lumenok is you need a tool to extinguish the light is kind of baseless…we all carry tools in our backpacks for different things…so I carry the Danny Miller pliers…not a big deal for me!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.... :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

…..I am up at our lake house in Roscoe….

….came across arrows I had made maybe 4 years ago in an arrow case I brought up to the lake house when we bought it…two years ago….some of the arrows had Lumenoks on them…I pushed in the lummy and the propulsion system fired away bright as can be….Hence the reason I love the Lumenoks….they have NEVER failed me!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings