OT?/ Drought

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Re: OT?/ Drought

Post by agingcrossbower »

Here in Wisconsin we are having a dry year. Very few mosquitoes out there. In fact it is a little strange how few there are. I have not been bitten once by one of those blood suckers. I suppose it will be a year for the climate crazies to drool over. My thought is that everything evens out so watch out for this winter. I bet lots of snow.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Forecast for my part of East Texas today (Tuesday the 1st of August) ... Heat index of 112. :wtf:
It's 80 degrees NOW! 7am CST.

Could all you nice folks in Canada kindly open the refrigerator door a wee bit!! :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I'm trying to send you some rain this morning,
Hope ya get it :D

Dave :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I just walked in the house at 16:50hrs. It's 105 and feels like 110.
No Rain Dave, but thanks for the thoughts! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Late spring I had to water some 20 new nut trees I planted every 3 days because we didn't get rain for weeks For the last month we've been getting some rain every other day. We are slab on grade so no sump pump but you can see the soil is dark with moisture every morning. I'm not complaining because at least we don't have fires nearby! Air conditioning is on today!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

This was yesterday afternoon. And it got HOTTER after this!!!! :eusa-doh:

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I ran an errand early. Radio said DFW temp at 3am was still 90°. At 5:00am it had dropped yo 88°.
Boo

Post by Boo »

It's certainly not a dry heat but I'm escaping the outdoors as much as I can because it's 81F degrees outside. I believe the humidex puts it at 93 degrees. Ugh!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
grouse

Post by grouse »

Texas will get flooding rains before too long. That's how these things always end. Our farm was bone dry a week ago and now there have been flash flood warnings and heavy rains the last few days. I haven't gone up there because I'm sure it's too wet to mow. We're going out of town for a week starting Saturday, and if I can't get up there tomorrow, I'll have a jungle waiting for me when I get back.
axiom
350 SE