Question for all munchmount owners

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Question for all munchmount owners

Post by munch »

Just wonder if anyone has ever had their bow vibrating because of one of my mounts and caused the anti dry fire to loosen .
I’ve heard of them coming loose because of the flat screws but never from one of my mounts so it’s a mystery
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
longbow joe

Re: Question for all munchmount owners

Post by longbow joe »

Now comes into the equation did the unit in questions owner clean his or hers screws with alcohol/solvent and locitite properly. ..we will never know?
I use red locitite on my scope mounts / don't care about ever taking them off l will buy a new one.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
munch

Post by munch »

I’m not sure I’ve just never had anyone say they have had this issue from one of my mounts . I just want to fix his problem but I’m afraid it’s not the mount that did it . I’ve sold a pile of mounts and never heard of it although I’ve heard of screws backing off on anti dry fires before
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
Normous

Post by Normous »

You should hear the fabricated stories Excalibur gets from customers. They could write a book.
I had a customer who demanded warranty after he killed a bear with a broadhead I sold him.

Apparently the broadhead passed though the chest cavity,
then though the 50 gallon bait barrel and deflected off a 2 x 4 he had screwed to a tree and suffered damage rendering it unusable. Some people.... :thumbdown:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

As most know l do glass work for a living.
The local rock quarrys usually have me fix a windshield that one of their trucks "supposedly "broke. Normal people know not to follow a dump truck close.
Many times the damage area is all yellowed that basically means it's been broke for months as the victim tells me it happened a day ago.
Most have an inspection sticker that's due real soon and probably don't have the money to fix it
Or are a looser that only has liability insurance that won't cover it.
People are parasites sometimes you gotta suck it up !!!
Most outdoorsman usually are easier to deal with ...in dealing with equipment issues but I'm sure there are some bad eggs.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
munch

Post by munch »

Thanks guys not trying to blame anyone and anyone who knows me ithink knows I just want to make the fellow happy no matter what it takes but if the mounts causing problems I need to figure out why
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Can't see the mount causing any vibration issues....
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

munch wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:30 pm
Thanks guys not trying to blame anyone and anyone who knows me ithink knows I just want to make the fellow happy no matter what it takes but if the mounts causing problems I need to figure out why
Hi Terry, I’ve used your mount and a Bohning Top mount. The Bohning mount screws directly onto the scope rail. I used that setup for years and if anything was going to cause that rail to loosen it would be that design. Never had an issue.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits