Excaliburs survey

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Archer Ontario

Excaliburs survey

Post by Archer Ontario »

Anyone else fill out Excaliburs new survey ?
Every question was based on where products are made
I have a funny feeling Excalibur will be pulling out of Canada
Sad if it happens
If they pull out of Canada my loyalty ends
Big John

Re: Excaliburs survey

Post by Big John »

WOW!! That will be a sad day indeed!!! :thumbdown:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I didn't get the survey but....

I won't get political but doing business in Canada has become so difficult with all the government gate keeper BS that sooner or later alot of good companies will be saying adios amigos!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I filled out a survey and yes that was the impression I got also that they are looking to pull out and head overseas.
That will make my 3 Excalibur's made in Canada that much more dearer to me.
I could get buy with my long limber, Matrix and Micro If I have to.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'm willing to pay for US and/or Canadian made products. The primary broadheads I hunt with now are all made in the USA (ToTA & VPA). I still have some that are made overseas, but I won't be purchasing any more. My compound bow is also made in the US (Bear). Next season I'm considering picking up a longbow and it being US made will be a requirement.

The problem with making stuff cheap is that you typically end up producing cheap stuff.

Where ya at GSM Outdoors? :lol:

(Full Disclosure: I'm sure if I check my house, I'll find at least a dozen products under the GSM Outdoors umbrella. I'll also likely find that all of them are made in China.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I noticed it listed"
Overseas.
Mexico.
USA.

IF...They leave Canada, I hope they just jump the border and come to the US!!

I'm trying NOT to buy another Excalibur. BUT, IF I DO....It'll be the Wolverine!! Just something about that "Old School" luck!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:16 am
I noticed it listed"
Overseas.
Mexico.
USA.

I'm trying NOT to buy another Excalibur. BUT, IF I DO....It'll be the Wolverine!! Just something about that "Old School" luck!! :thumbup:
So much for Pure Archery's 30% savings. :?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Was the survey sent in an email? Or just a link you can share?

Just curious to see it. From what I've gathered they already do a fair amount of warranty work out of their Port Huron location. But would be a bummer for you Canadians if they moved production out of Kitchener. Hopefully they are just gathering useful info, and keep production there, where it began.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
janesy

Post by janesy »

wheelsquad wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:54 pm
Was the survey sent in an email? Or just a link you can share?

Just curious to see it. From what I've gathered they already do a fair amount of warranty work out of their Port Huron location. But would be a bummer for you Canadians if they moved production out of Kitchener. Hopefully they are just gathering useful info, and keep production there, where it began.
Aside from to obviously terrible effects to those employed by excal, and the luxuries of others having a factory close by. Production moving to US would only drive costs through the roof, one of the benefits to having the exchange where it sits currently is the trade increase is a feast for both parties(sometimes) make better sense from a dollar stand point to move it over seas. But the fall out from that would be less than idea for obvious reasons.

With all of that said, this happens yearly, and Peter comes on to tell us the sky isn't falling :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:45 pm
wheelsquad wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:54 pm
Hopefully they are just gathering useful info, and keep production there, where it began.
With all of that said, this happens yearly, and Peter comes on to tell us the sky isn't falling :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

AJ01 wrote:
I noticed it listed"
Overseas.
Mexico.
USA.

If they jumped ALL the way south to Mexico, they could save on shipping. Just give one to each of the thousands crossing illegally every day and hand carry it over. Save manufacturing cost and save shipping. Win win. 8)
Normous

Post by Normous »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:27 pm
AJ01 wrote:
I noticed it listed"
Overseas.
Mexico.
USA.

If they jumped ALL the way south to Mexico, they could save on shipping. Just give one to each of the thousands crossing illegally every day and hand carry it over. Save manufacturing cost and save shipping. Win win. 8)
No no no,

The Mexicans are stuffing hundreds of carbon and aluminum shafts with fentynal and cocaine then shooting them across the Border at night using lighted nocks for recovery.

We DON'T want a crossbow factory in Mexico!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I swear, Paul you and Norman have it all wrong. Carry it over one at a time or shooting arrows stuffed with illicit stuff is too slow!!
I have a dear longtime friend who is a Border agent in Weslaco.

It comes over by the ton....

Take your pick. Top truck is Meth, bottom one is Coke.

Folks say, "It's only recreational"... Yeah, right! :roll:

But perhaps I digress....
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

I took that survey the other day. I had a question about their nocks so I just got off the phone with the sales dept. After my question was answered, I mentioned the survey, and quoted a few of the posts from this thread. This was the first that sales rep. had heard about any survey, or any ideas about moving to a different country for manufacture.

He did say they were part of a family of companies, so perhaps this survey came from the parent company, and the smaller fish at Excalibur haven't been informed. Hopefully, it's just a matter of brainstorming, and will ultimately be rejected as a plan.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Yep... I got the survey. Felt like they are exploring a move to China to me... but I sure hope I'm wrong!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads