Excaliburs survey

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: Excaliburs survey

Post by AJ01 »

Unfortunately, major holding companies don't think about anything but bottom-line numbers. It's all about how much profit is made.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:54 am
Unfortunately, major holding companies don't think about anything but bottom-line numbers. It's all about how much profit is made.
I'm set for the rest of my life with Excalibur Crossbows, but I hate to see them Canada. If they come to the USA they will remain in my good favor, if not, then adios for anything in the future for me from them.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:54 am
Yes, when they sell it. If they move it to anywhere outside of North America, I’m never going to buy another and I will sell all of mine, possibly keeping one, maybe. I have 8 crossbows from other manufacturers and they all shoot well. Besides, I'm going to be 70 this year so why would I need another bow other than for entertainment reasons?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Yep... I have no doubts that my five Exo bows will last me the rest of my bowhunting career. Even at 52, I find myself not shooting my Vortex as much as I do my three 175lb bows. It's kind of funny, but I really see myself shooting more and hunting more with my Vixen as I age... the good news is, it's dead on the money every time I shoot it!
Last edited by flinthead on Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

flinthead wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:39 pm
Yep... I have no doubts that my five Exo bows will last me the rest of my bowhunting career. Even at 52, I find myself not shooting my Vortex as much as I do my three 175lb bows. it's kind of funny, but I really see myself shooting more and hunting more with my Vixen as I age... the good news is, it's dead on the money every time I shoot it!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
CBRon

Post by CBRon »

flinthead ,
What is the third 175lb bow ?
I love my Phoenix and Vixen 2.
VIXEN 2 , PHOENIX
Smoothbore

Post by Smoothbore »

I think they are testing the water for something they already planned . :shock:
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

CBRon wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:40 pm
flinthead ,
What is the third 175lb bow ?
I love my Phoenix and Vixen 2.
I have two metal rail Ibex… one in the factory Realtree and one I had custom dipped in Mossy Oak Bottomland.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I think that Excalibur's major following comes from Canada and a big part of it is the bow is made in Canada. If they choose to move out of Canada they will take a major blow to their bottom line. Bad move indeed.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I've got 9 folks I hunt with on a pretty regular basis.
Over the years, I have convinced them to switch to Excalibur crossbows.
Now mind you, no one shoots any of the newer bows. The bows are all Micros and run from the current 340 to the no longer made 360TD and my favorite Micro Suppressor 355.
We don't have to call Excal in Canada to get parts. Most of us have enough "extra" stuff laying around that we just call one another, IF we ever need something. :lol:

However, if we need a certain part from Excalibur, they are always "Johhny-on-the-Spot" with the item needed.
Best Customer Service in North America. :thumbup:

Someone needs bow repair. Got that covered too. Strings? The Boo Meister is just a phone call away. :thumbup:

Simplicity and reliability go a long way in making a sustainable customer group that is pretty much brand loyal.
Are the super speed bows sexy looking? You bet! But what a nightmare for parts and customer service. I think I'll pass. :thumbdown:
I know the "younger generation" has a fascination with speed.
Perhaps one day they will learn.

If the company that now owns Excalibur moves them to a place outside of North America, I personally think it would be a major blow to their customer base. I for one, don't believe the QC would be anything like it is now, and neither would the Customer Service.
And that my fine friends would be a shame.

just the ramblings of an Old East Texas Redneck!! :mrgreen:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I've never been a huge fan of change. Sometimes it's necessary but it's still a PITA.

After the fiasco that many manufacturers faced during the Supply Chain Crisis and the constant delays and part shortages you'd wonder why anyone could think going overseas for production could be a good move? :thumbdown:

Look to Bud Light for an example of how badly one decision can effect a brand. :shock:

I've got enough Excal bows and parts to keep my family crossbow hunting for a very long time. I'll not buy an Excalibur that's not made in Canada. People's jobs and livelihood mean more to me than just a number in a column.

Take care
✌️Hatchet
Boo

Post by Boo »

Hatchet wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:16 am
I've never been a huge fan of change. Sometimes it's necessary but it's still a PITA.

After the fiasco that many manufacturers faced during the Supply Chain Crisis and the constant delays and part shortages you'd wonder why anyone could think going overseas for production could be a good move? :thumbdown:

Look to Bud Light for an example of how badly one decision can effect a brand. :shock:

I've got enough Excal bows and parts to keep my family crossbow hunting for a very long time. I'll not buy an Excalibur that's not made in Canada. People's jobs and livelihood mean more to me than just a number in a column.

Take care
✌️Hatchet
You're right on the money about the supply chain. If Excalibur is taken over to the Pacific rim, you'll probably triple the number of links. I've been privy to a few manufacturers and their woes when one link breaks. If anyone has built a house and had one contractor screw up, you've seen the mess that ensues.
Angel Majesty was in a bind and Excalibur almost had no suitable serving. Angel Majesty depended on separate suppliers for each of the 3 materials used, then the people who die it, then the people who weave it, then to transportation. The pandemic really put its claws into that supply chain. Want to talk about frantic! That was a PIA! Right now, almost every thing is made in house with the exception of castings and the company is dedicated getting it done with the least number of suppliers because in the past it was the suppliers who caused almost all of their issues. But they still depend on vendors to supply unfinished extruded mainframes, extruded raw risers, trigger parts, resin, glass etc. One things for sure, their almost unreplaceable talent is in Canada. They've had decades of product development by hands-on guys who have been their for decades. To think that the bean counters think that they'll just switch over without a hitch? I don't think so. Will they be able to correct any problems quickly ? I don't think that Orient has the talent that resides in the factory today. I think moving is going to become a cluster and the value of the precious company that the holding firm owns, will drop in value. The sole reason for the investment company to buy Excalibur was to sell it at a huge profit. Good luck on that!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:49 am
I've got 9 folks I hunt with on a pretty regular basis.
Over the years, I have convinced them to switch to Excalibur crossbows.
Now mind you, no one shoots any of the newer bows. The bows are all Micros and run from the current 340 to the no longer made 360TD and my favorite Micro Suppressor 355.
We don't have to call Excal in Canada to get parts. Most of us have enough "extra" stuff laying around that we just call one another, IF we ever need something. :lol:

However, if we need a certain part from Excalibur, they are always "Johhny-on-the-Spot" with the item needed.
Best Customer Service in North America. :thumbup:

Someone needs bow repair. Got that covered too. Strings? The Boo Meister is just a phone call away. :thumbup:

Simplicity and reliability go a long way in making a sustainable customer group that is pretty much brand loyal.
Are the super speed bows sexy looking? You bet! But what a nightmare for parts and customer service. I think I'll pass. :thumbdown:
I know the "younger generation" has a fascination with speed.
Perhaps one day they will learn.

If the company that now owns Excalibur moves them to a place outside of North America, I personally think it would be a major blow to their customer base. I for one, don't believe the QC would be anything like it is now, and neither would the Customer Service.
And that my fine friends would be a shame.

just the ramblings of an Old East Texas Redneck!! :mrgreen:
I have heard the latest buyer/owner is in Texas. If they gonna move….. how ‘bout the Lone Star State!😁 I mean they have thousands of “ undocumented” for a labor force. 😎. Sorry, it’s a soap box
nomercy

Post by nomercy »

If they was to move i would hope they are smart enough to take Dawn with them, she is there customer service.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:55 pm
I have heard the latest buyer/owner is in Texas. If they gonna move….. how ‘bout the Lone Star State!😁 I mean they have thousands of “ undocumented” for a labor force. 😎. Sorry, it’s a soap box

Hey Paul,
Can you say "I need a new set of crossbow limbs" in Spanish? :roll: :eusa-doh:

Necesito un nuevo juego de extremidades de ballesta. :lol: :lol: :lol: