New favorite bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

canoe13

New favorite bow

Post by canoe13 »

Over the years I have owned 15 different crossbows; ten of them Excaliburs, three long limbers, three Matrix models and four Micros.
I just picked up an Excal GRZ2 and wanted to compare it to my MagAir and Mag340.
I was surprised when I realized that I actually preferred the Matrix sized GRZ2 to my Micro bows. Mostly the longer and lighter draw weight and ease of string adjustment made some difference. And I just shot it better than the Micros. Paired with a Nikon Bolt scope it's going to be the one I carry into the woods.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
wheelsquad

Re: New favorite bow

Post by wheelsquad »

canoe13 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:10 pm
Over the years I have owned 15 different crossbows; ten of them Excaliburs, three long limbers, three Matrix models and four Micros.
I just picked up an Excal GRZ2 and wanted to compare it to my MagAir and Mag340.
I was surprised when I realized that I actually preferred the Matrix sized GRZ2 to my Micro bows. Mostly the longer and lighter draw weight and ease of string adjustment made some difference. And I just shot it better than the Micros. Paired with a Nikon Bolt scope it's going to be the one I carry into the woods.
I had 3 local guys (all older) that approached me on finding the right bow for them. All 3 independently from each other landed on the GRZ2. I shot all 3 of them, and each time I was impressed with it for the same reasons you were. Great choice to take it hunting.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
janesy

Post by janesy »

Altho I'm an aluminum mainframe guy, the SMF bows really do shoot quite nicely
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I love my Grizzly. First and only Excalibur. I wouldn't mind upgrading but I really don't see a good reason to do so.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"