Super light weight run n gun set up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Super light weight run n gun set up

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/BXfGPZSw]Image
I asked earlier in the month if anyone had the tethrd 1pound titanium climbing sticks with no response.
They came yesterday ...unbelievable 3 sticks light as a feather have the space age "bowstring steel" rope for attracting to tree with a simple x style boat cleat type attachment .
The three sticks with my "vintage " 1994 loc on windwalker that weights 7 pounds will get me 12 feet up a tree with a walking in weight of 10 pounds on my back ...incredible.
My hawk heliem sticks are now on a temporary resting place.
Basically the titanium were 100 bucks a piece but priceless to me.
Last edited by longbow joe on Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Re: Super light weight mobil set up

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/Q9Wf70XZ]Image
Look out the windwalker is coming out again!
I spent a lot of time this year with my mobile ladder stand i posted about earlier and now this system I'm really looking forward to adding them to my fixed ladderstands and the ghosblind...its great to have options.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Normous

Re: Super light weight run n gun set up

Post by Normous »

What's your safety equipment look like?
Just asking :wave:
A safety reminder :angel:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Norm I'm ready to get blasted for being honest but for a living l put glass in giant construction equipment..giant caterpillar quarry trucks ,railway container packers and greasy front end loaders with 10 foot diameter wheels that I'm crawling on like a monkey 18 feet up. Before that l worked 60 stories up on buildings.
I feel quite comfortable 12 feet up in a perch without a belt . l would never tell anyone not to wear a safety belt because they are great and save lives and injuries .
I have a buddy's stand that is about 20 feet up in that one I always belt up.lm on a 15 foot ladder for hours on end during the day l feel l don't need one sitting in my twelve feet ladderstand on my butt just personal .
Thanks for safety concerns I appreciate it.
Last edited by longbow joe on Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I'll mention it to your brother and close loving family that a nice Xmas gift would be a lightweight harness to go with that set up. :thumbup:
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Thanks ...Maby l should have mentioned that when l was 15 to age 18 l used to ride motorcycles around in circles in the caged spheres at the circus maby it would have made more sense ...where I've been in life.and yes I wore a helmet.
Yes l do own a quality safety harness and even a lifeline with a prussic knot slide.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Me think our Joe likes living on the edge as they say, not like us stove-up folks who hobble around just getting out of the recliner. :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Normous

Post by Normous »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:22 pm
Me think our Joe likes living on the edge as they say, not like us stove-up folks who hobble around just getting out of the recliner. :lol: :lol:
Yup, living on the edge pretty much sums it up.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nice lightweight setup Joe. I also didn’t wear a safety belt for years, now I’m more tender and don’t bounce back as fast.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

By adding single "Aider" to each of those you can easily go 16-20'. And you can tie Aiders yourself with simple Amstel.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

So what is your super lightweight bow to go with this set up? Inquiring minds...... 8)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....my super lightweight setup is a walk from the Kubota to my ground blind....this body cannot defy gravity to climb a tree....the knees just don't stop knocking...

....someday we will get around to putting up permanent trees stands on our property....probably next year as it looks like our tenant who rented for the summer the last 3 years is not returning next year..... :thumbup:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings