Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Re: I swore I wouldn't....

Post by Carnivorous »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:53 pm
Boo, I am AFRAID you are correct Sir!!
STAT!! :lol: :lol:

Of Course, it will need a new string too!! I'll have to ponder exactly what colors to combine. :eusa-think:

It's pretty sad when you tell yourself over and over...."I'm NOT gonna buy a new bow. Nope, I'm not. Can't make me. Nope" :eusa-snooty: :eusa-naughty: .
Then all of a sudden, it's like OMG I gotta have that bow!! :crazy: :eusa-shifty: :eusa-doh:

Oh, the life of a junkie!!! :eusa-deadhorse:
I can relate!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Sweet bow brother!! Now to get some blood on it!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Lonewolf McQuade

Post by Lonewolf McQuade »

Damn good looking bow!!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Congrats on the new bow AJ! She's a lookah for sure!
Take care
Hatchet
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Nice of Excal to make use of those bottomland stocks from the Wolverines. Still looks good with black grip panels. I found the dealer online that is selling them ;)
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

wheelsquad wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:41 pm
Nice of Excal to make use of those bottomland stocks from the Wolverines. Still looks good with black grip panels. I found the dealer online that is selling them ;)
Tyler, that's what happened to me. I saw this guy at Mike's and the next thing ya know.... :wtf: :wink: :lol:

Talked to the folks last night. Bow will ship today (Tuesday). Can't what to put my paws on it! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

That’s a great looking bow, and I can definitely relate to having a “bow addiction”. I had a second Stryker Offspring show up at my house yesterday. I don’t want to haul my other one back and forth to Oklahoma, so I now have one for both places. :thumbup:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

retrieverman wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:58 am
That’s a great looking bow, and I can definitely relate to having a “bow addiction”. I had a second Stryker Offspring show up at my house yesterday. I don’t want to haul my other one back and forth to Oklahoma, so I now have one for both places. :thumbup:
Hard to beat an Offspring. Sure like mine. It’s my go to
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:21 am
Congratulations AJ! I think you need some Excalibur Narcan. :mrgreen:
….that and repent of your sin!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:15 am
Boo wrote:
Okay, I repent!! :eusa-liar:
I was seduced by the sleek Bottomland camo limbs!! :wtf:
It won't happen again, I swear!! :eusa-naughty: :shifty:

Said the man with HOW MANY crossbows??? :eusa-popcorn:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:13 am
amythntr wrote:
Boo wrote:

....it's funny, I have "sinned no more" when it has come to CB's....I love what I have, including the Scorpyd Deathstalker.....I don't know, maybe it's because I am getting older, or maybe feeling poorer (after purchasing our upstate lake cabin and hunting land), maybe the realization that I don't shoot as much to warrant yet another CB, or maybe just the fact that, in my opinion, Excalibur really has not come out with anything exciting.....whatever it is, I'm glad for this....now for you Andy....I will keep you in my prayer! :eusa-pray: :eusa-pray:

PS....that camo pattern, seems very close, if not exactly like the vintage '80's Trebek camo, no?
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:34 am
AJ01 wrote:
amythntr wrote:

....it's funny, I have "sinned no more" when it has come to CB's....I love what I have, including the Scorpyd Deathstalker.....I don't know, maybe it's because I am getting older, or maybe feeling poorer (after purchasing our upstate lake cabin and hunting land), maybe the realization that I don't shoot as much to warrant yet another CB, or maybe just the fact that, in my opinion, Excalibur really has not come out with anything exciting.....whatever it is, I'm glad for this....now for you Andy....I will keep you in my prayer! :eusa-pray: :eusa-pray:

PS....that camo pattern, seems very close, if not exactly like the vintage '80's Trebek camo, no?
I know Anthony, I swore I wasn't going to buy another bow, but alas, I did succumb to temptation!! :mrgreen:
And "Thank You" for the prayers, I need ALL I can get!! :angel:

The camo is very much "Old School". That's what sold me. And yes, I do believe that is very much like that particular line of camo. If memory serves me correctly, I do belive I had a pair of coveralls in that exact pattern way back when!! :shh:
When Excal revealed the new "Wolverine" in the Mossy Oak Bottomland camo, I thought, "Now that's a cool looking bow". But I'll say this out loud, I am NOT a fan of the 'cease-fire" fire system on the new models. I know A LOT of folk's love 'em... I simply see it as a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of thing.
Folks say the trigger is better in that unit also. To me, none of my Excals have a bad trigger.

I had to give "The Boss" a handwritten note that was notarized saying I'm NOT buying anymore bows. :eusa-naughty:
But she never said I couldn't buy more "goodies" to go with the bows I already have!! :lol: :lol:
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:43 pm
amythntr wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

I know Anthony, I swore I wasn't going to buy another bow, but alas, I did succumb to temptation!! :mrgreen:

The camo is very much "Old School". That's what sold me. And yes, I do believe that is very much like that particular line of camo. If memory serves me correctly, I do belive I had a pair of coveralls in that exact pattern way back when!! :shh:
When Excal revealed the new "Wolverine" in the Mossy Oak Bottomland camo, I thought, "Now that's a cool looking bow". But I'll say this out loud, I am NOT a fan of the 'cease-fire" fire system on the new models. I know A LOT of folk's love 'em... I simply see it as a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of thing.
Folks say the trigger is better in that unit also. To me, none of my Excals have a bad trigger.

I had to give "The Boss" a handwritten note that was notarized saying I'm NOT buying anymore bows. :eusa-naughty:
But she never said I couldn't buy more "goodies" to go with the bows I already have!! :lol: :lol:

The OG AJ!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
amythntr wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

Did said note happen to list all the bows you own at this moment in time? Does she have a photo of them? How good is her memory? Are you allowed to hold someone else's bow at your home?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:26 pm
AJ01 wrote:
amythntr wrote:

Did said note happen to list all the bows you own at this moment in time? Does she have a photo of them? How good is her memory? Are you allowed to hold someone else's bow at your home?
#1. No, it DID NOT list ALL the bows I own at this moment in time.... :silent:

#2. She does NOT!! :eusa-snooty:

#3. She's OLDER than I am....so not too good!!! :lol:

#4. Yes, I have been known to "hold" other bows, just NOT exactly in her presence!!! :eusa-naughty:

:lol: :mrgreen: :angel: :lol: :eusa-dance: