Just checking in

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Just checking in

Post by XB I GO »

It's been a busy year and I haven't visited in a while. Football has me busy and its been great! I was recently rated 8th in the State and I have had 3 offers from Universities. I'm not sure what I am going to do with that. It's also been cool playing on the same team as my little brother who is a Junior. I've been promoted at Discount Tire and I also work as a Lifeguard some weekends and holidays and in the summer. Since my Dad got me a bird dog last year I have been spending time working with him and doing a lot of duck, dove and upland hunting. We also got a new brother. Leon is 17 years old and came from Berlin, Germany. He loves fishing with us and went on his first hunt ever and got some doves. He is really into the crossbow and he is going to go look for a deer with my Dad this weekend, so I might have something to post about soon! I like reading all the stuff going on with everyone and I wish everyone a great season!

XB
Patcon

Re: Just checking in

Post by Patcon »

That's super! Congrats on all your success!
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

XB I GO wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:23 pm
It's been a busy year and I haven't visited in a while. Football has me busy and its been great! I was recently rated 8th in the State and I have had 3 offers from Universities. I'm not sure what I am going to do with that. It's also been cool playing on the same team as my little brother who is a Junior. I've been promoted at Discount Tire and I also work as a Lifeguard some weekends and holidays and in the summer. Since my Dad got me a bird dog last year I have been spending time working with him and doing a lot of duck, dove and upland hunting. We also got a new brother. Leon is 17 years old and came from Berlin, Germany. He loves fishing with us and went on his first hunt ever and got some doves. He is really into the crossbow and he is going to go look for a deer with my Dad this weekend, so I might have something to post about soon! I like reading all the stuff going on with everyone and I wish everyone a great season!

XB
Do something great with your life young man, just follow what you know makes you happy, and you'll never work a day in your life. :thumbup: Congrats in many areas kid, and stay safe, never take your eye off the ball!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Great to see you posting again keep us updated with a few stories.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:32 am
XB I GO wrote:

XB
Do something great with your life young man, just follow what you know makes you happy, and you'll never work a day in your life. :thumbup: Congrats in many areas kid, and stay safe, never take your eye off the ball!
XB I GO,
Dan (xcaliber), gets it! Finding your niche in life is what it's all about. That place that makes YOU happy. I knew what I wanted to do when I was a young man about your age, actually even younger. I pursued that desire, and for almost 30 years I loved what I did for a living. I've been retired from that occupation nearly 20 years now, and some days I still miss it.
Keep your eyes on the prize. Never forget your dreams. Pursue them with a passion, and you will go far in life.
I wish you all the success you can stand!!
God's speed in all you do!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:02 am
xcaliber wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:32 am
XB I GO wrote:

XB
XB I GO,
Dan (xcaliber), gets it! Finding your niche in life is what it's all about. That place that makes YOU happy. I knew what I wanted to do when I was a young man about your age, actually even younger. I pursued that desire, and for almost 30 years I loved what I did for a living. I've been retired from that occupation nearly 20 years now, and some days I still miss it.
Keep your eyes on the prize. Never forget your dreams. Pursue them with a passion, and you will go far in life.
I wish you all the success you can stand!!
God's speed in all you do!!
Agreed! Dan hit that one out of the park! The words "follow what you know makes you happy, and you'll never work a day in your life" has so much wisdom to them!
Some people just like stepping on rakes