New Kid got it done

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

New Kid got it done

Post by XB I GO »

My Dad took my new brother from Germany on his first hunt ever. Mag 340, Sonic Liberty head that Mr. Boo sent me, BEZS bolt with 110gr insert and luninock. 20-yards shot and it went maybe 20 more yards before tipping over.

ODH

Re: New Kid got it done

Post by ODH »

Well done, congrats! :clap:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Congratulations on the harvest nice when things work out as they should.
Looks like some fine venison meals coming up.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats to all!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Great job guy's! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats on a fine deer! Enjoy your venison.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Congrats to ALL involved!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

XB, new brother? Was ist los? And contratulations to your new bro!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yea elaborate on this event....congratulations
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

My family took a boy from Germany for a year. He's only been in the USA for about a month. He wrote a letter that said he was interested in fishing and hunting (and particularly bird hunting), boating and swimming, wanted a "brother" because he has a little brother, a dog and cat so he doesn't miss his, likes to cook and work on trucks and interested in going to Church. The Agency that he went through called my Dad. The lady said she asked someone she knew that goes hunting and that person said not me but I know a guy. The lady said about 20 people later she had my Dad's phone #. She talked to him and he read the letter and said OK we will take him. The next thing you know 3 days later he arrived as lost as can be. The first day in the USA Dad took him fishing to get to know him and he caught his first fish ever. Since then he has been fishing with us a lot and he loves it. We've been dove shooting but he likes working the dog more than the actual shooting. Being a soccer player for all of his school life, he wanted to try our football and obviously the coach made him the kicker. He's been punting but he kicked his first field goals the last game, one 38 yarder. He fits right in and we consider him our brother. Our family comes from the same area where he and his ancestors are from so we have that connection too. He is not sure about big game yet and has never seen real blood. The stuff he tells us about Germany is crazy with the rules and laws. He is most amazed by our breakfast cereal isle. Where he lives, its illegal to sell stuff marketed to kids if it has certain ingredients and he says there's like 5 kinds of cereal. Once a year his parents take him and his brother to the Netherlands by train and they each buy a box of Lucky Charm4s for $20 a box! They can't own a boat because the roads are too small and there's no place to put one on a trailer. His Dad took a class for 4 days and paid $2000 for a permit. Then he had to get a Million dollars insurance policy. Then he pays for an annual permit that you take to a Marina and they let you rent a boat for the day. He's amazed that we have 4 different boats on trailers and we take them wherever and whenever we want. The State was helpful getting him a hunting license. He doesn't have a SS# and here you can't get a license without one. Well the State gave him a waiver on the SS# and a waiver on the Hunter Education if he is with someone 18 or older that has Hunter Ed and a license (me or my Dad). Crossbows are illegal where he lives so he loves them and shoots a lot of bolts at our range. This is the first big game hunt and animal he ever experienced. In German High Schools, you have to apprentice or exchange for 3 years of the 5. He apprenticed with a professional chef at a hotel restaurant for a year - so he said he can cook venison very good. He also apprenticed at the BMW dealership for a year (Mr. Boo might need a new employee!). This year he is with us and even though he's a Senior here and will graduate, he has one more year of HS in Germany.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Thank you for the explanation. It is truly a good deed by your family XB! He will do well by your company! Maybe you'll get invited to Germany and drive the Nurburgring! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

This is the most heartwarming generous story I've read this year.

You are blessed in many ways watching you grow up here on the forum. Likely, there are many more good deeds that we don't see.

Thank you kindly for sharing this story.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Norman, I figured that story would touch your herz!! :wave:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Geeze that story is simply and definitely hard to beat.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.