Who is this Seller

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jim C

Who is this Seller

Post by Jim C »

this guy's last vixen sold for what we buy the things for from our distributor Danny Miller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

how is he starting his bid prices at below what legitimate retailers can buy them for?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Real good question Jim C. the guy has good feed back....would have too find out where he gets them from.. :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

If I lived in The U.S. I would be watching that Vixen for sure...
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

I bought a new Exocet deluxe from him in October........it was absolutely new and perfect......no problems........
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

he sells a fair amount of them and one vixen the other night went for what MY wholesale cost is in the states. the current vixen he has up now is cheaper than what US Retail dealers can buy them for from Papes/LAS or even Dan.

I am not in the archery business to make money (I am a lawyer by trade) but this sort of stuff is one of the reasons why three pro shops in my area have closed in the last year and if ranges close archery will decline.
popeye

Post by popeye »

Folks, this is the guy I warned about back in October. He has the best prices and all, but for the most part I had rather do business with a snake.
He lies about the accessories that come with his crossbows if you email him and ask him. I wanted an exomax and saw his auction on one that
was fully decked out in the picture he had on the auction page. I emailed him twice and asked if the crossbow was as pictured and he answered twice that it was as pictured. Well of course with scope, quiver, and arrows the crossbow was worth more than just a crossbow so I entered the bidding and won. I was disappointed when the crossbow arrived as it was a stripped down model and when I emailed him about it I received no reply. When I left him negative feedback, I got a reply, negative feedback to me and an offer to remove if I would. He even put it into arbritration and offered $40.00 if I would remove it, but I didnt. This is how he keeps his feedback rating up, but dont be taken in by the numbers, if you do business with him, buyer beware.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

I bought an Exomax from him for a friend (CH) and there were zero problems.

Mike

Post by Guest »

Ahhhh, the beauty of pure capitalism. :wink: :lol:
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

pure capitalism? not really. this is a contract matter and I know having a contract with several major archery Manufacturers that there are certain things I can and cannot do. I don't have a contract with excalibur so this is not at issue here. I do with Hoyt and for example, if I saw LAS selling-to the public a Hoyt matrix for less than Hoyt sells the bow to me I would have some issues. LAS however-offers hoyt recurves (compounds cannot be sold mailorder and still maintain the guarantee) to retailers at prices above what a hoyt pro shop can buy them for.

I also know that some people with mathews contracts have had their relationship with mathews terminated for ebay sales-and that is mathews right pursuant to the contract

people only hurt themselves in the long run if they go for the lowest price because I guarantee you this guy wont be able to re-serve your string the night before you go on your dream hunt etc.

I don't think it helps a maker to have someone able to undercut loyal dealers either and I still wonder what this guy does to be able to offer bows for less than wholesalers are selling them to the dealers.

Post by Guest »

Personally, I would'nt buy a roll of paper towels off of e-bay, let alone an x-bow. :lol:
All my archery purchases are made through my local proshop. Not only because they're great people and friends. They also run the only JOAD program in the state, and their service is second to NONE. I can drive to their facility in less than 15 mins.

I'll gladly pay a few extra buck$ for a bow in order to get the kind of service these guys have unfailingly provided year after year after year.

http://www.pelkeysarchery.com/
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

good post Carl. I always bought from the pro shop for the same reason-plus they used to let me shoot on "the house" and when I got good they made me a staff shooter. I often buy guns from two local s hops for more $$ than I would spend at a gun show for the same reasons plus they will special order me stuff etc or give me first dibs on new stuff because they appreciate my loyalty
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Well not too get anything started here :shock: and I agree with supporting your local shops it just is not feasible sometimes.

I say, I say some are not as fortunate as others whom can AFFORD the extra dollars some local shops charge.

I have ordered from other shops from the net and have got super service on any problems that I have had, which too date have been small.

This is not to put down any local shops but they have to be competitive not only in service but in prices as well. Sorry to state but this is what is closing a lot of smaller places...They can not buy and sell at the same price as the larger stores or the net.

Today with computers & the net, competition for your dollar grows and they can drop ship, no stock to ware house or pay taxs on. As time go's this is only going to get worse for the smaller/local dealers.

I try and deal with my local archery shop and we know each other very well, but for me to pay him 75.00 or more + taxes over what I can get it for by shopping on the net noway :!: Innless I must have it now :!: :wink:

I do need to state this is only with xbows, my nearest archery shop that has crossbows is 50-60 miles away that have service and parts.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

I understand what you are saying but the real issue is how is this guy able to buy these bows and then sell them for less than what legitimate wholesalers are selling legitimate dealers? that internet shops that have no real overhead or professional archers staffing them will be cheaper is understandable but not to the point of selling below wholesale prices
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Nothing stops these small pro shops in modernizing and providing e business with getting their own website and maybe even selling on ebay. This way their volume goes up and their cost and price come down. These old timers need to bring in some young computer oriented employees to bring them into these modern times to SURVIVE!

Also, one of the mistakes small shops make is to sell too many different brands never doing much business with any manufacturer in particular. Focusing in on one brand will get them higher volumes and better costing and in the end a competitive edge.

One of my pro shops here is a one man business run out of a large shed in his back yard! He sells PSE period. He can make a living by not having any huge rent to pay (he's at home) and having competitive prices that rival Le Baron's with a premium product and personalised service. The compound bow I bought from him was tuned, set up for me, and I got to shoot the bow on site before I bought.

There are always ways to compete. Some are just too set in their old mold and don't want to change.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

again Pete you too miss the point. How is a small pro shop which is paying say 300 dollars per unit to a legitimate wholesaler going to sell that same vixen for 259 on ebay? how long will a manufacturer allow a wholesaler to sell to the public a bow at a price below what another legitimate wholesaler sells to a retailer?

I only carry excaliburs even though I could make more money with the locally made Ten Points and Hortons because I only sell the best bows available.