Who is this Seller

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

my point was to raise a concern to a company I care about because IMHO which is based on facts you could never understand-is that this hurts excalibur
Jim

If that was true.....shouldn't you have raised the issue to Bill and Kathy in private? On the contrary, I believe your point was raised in a public forum so that it would bring pressure to bear against Bill and Kathy! If Excalibur has been paid for the bows that scooby is selling, then, they have made their profit and can't be hurt...... even if he gives them away!

As far as those names go.......I don't care about or follow olympic archery......I'm a hunter, not a paper puncher.......those folks may be God's gift to olympic archery and I still wouldn't know them.......I don't know the names of many basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer or football players either because I have no interest in those sports......get it?

You started the insults here with your cute "gonbargainshopping" comment......without provocation, I might add.......you don't know me or anything about me.....yet you insult me?......now, you're upset because I didn't fill out an internet profile???? What a laugh.....you are really grasping at straws here!

Hey everybody....let's all bow down to Jim the sainted lawyer who is so noble that he is willing to grace all of us nobodies with his royal presence.......and he really isn't in business to make money......he does it out of the goodness of his heart......yeah.....right! :lol:

Let's add some levity to this thread!

After Mark Twain finished addressing a New England society banquet, the attorney William M. Evarts stood up, hands in his pockets, and remarked, "Does it not seem unusual to this gathering that a professional humorist should really appear funny?" To which Mark Twain replied, "Does it not also appear strange to this assembly that a lawyer should have his hands in his own pockets?"

Animals aren't as stupid as people think: after all, they don't have any lawyers.

Q. What's the difference between a cat and a lawyer?
A. One's an arrogant creature that will ignore you contemptuously unless it thinks can get something out of you. The other is a house pet.

"It has been discovered that lawyers are the larval stage of politicians"

The trouble with the legal profession is that 98% of its members give the rest a bad name.

:lol:
Last edited by GonHuntin on Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

you are still a moron and gonbargainhuntin was not personal nor an insult but a joke and you lay into my profession without having the balls to even fill out your profile

You are a loser :roll: and too fgn stupid to understand the point of this thread

as to Bill and Kathy I never once suggested they had anything to do with this. I dont believe this guy gets his bows from them and I suggest your read Wayne (BJ)'s comments on the issue.

You might also read mine where I suggested that we was either liquidating stuff or perhaps even selling stolen stuff but I have no proof of either

I know he isn't listed as a distributor or wholesaler of excalibur in the states
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Strange.....most people use an icon or some other method to indicate when something is suppose to be a joke......... it was an insult and you just don't want to admit that you started the mud slinging!

I'm not suggesting that Bill or Kathy have anything to do with this seller either.......my point is.....if you are only concerned with where/how this seller is getting the bows he is selling and how he is selling them at the prices he is getting.......wouldn't Bill or Kathy be the first place to ask? I don't believe you really expected any of the forum members to have an answer to your question........so, I have to wonder why you brought this type of question to the forums? What you or any other dealer buys/sells a bow for is really not a topic that is appropriate for this forum.......it's a business discussion that should be between you and Excalibur.......unless you are trying to put pressure on Bill and Kathy (to shut this guy down) by bringing this matter out in a public forum?????

Let's enjoy a few more:

What's wrong with Lawyer jokes? Lawyers don't think they're funny, and nobody else thinks they're jokes.

Did you hear about the terrorist who hijacked a 747 full of lawyers? He threatened to release one every hour if his demands weren't met.

Any time a lawyer is seen and not heard, it's a shame to wake him.

"If I had but one life to give for my country, it would be a lawyer's."

Sometimes a man who deserves to be looked down upon because he is a fool is despised only because he is a lawyer.
Montesquieu, Persian Letters, XLIV, 1721

Q. Why don't sharks ever attack lawyers?
A. Professional courtesy.

Lawyers are like rhinoceroses: thick-skinned, short-sighted, and always ready to charge.

David Mellor, Question Time, BBC1, 3 December 1992

Q: What's black and brown and looks good on a lawyer?
A: A Doberman pinscher.

Q: Why did the lawyer cross the road?
A. To sue the chicken on the other side.

:lol:
Last edited by GonHuntin on Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

more nonsense from a loser who doesn't have the stones to post what he does. I actually have little respect for lots of lawyers but then again I doubt you have the juice to even get into a law school :P

gonbargainshoppin was clearly a joke but I guess you were just too stupid to understand it

sorry you are intellectually challenged

you are exactly the type of poster who gives the PBS most of its "information"
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

I would have to undergo a labotomy and have my ethics and conscience removed to qualify for law school! :lol:

Shakespeare was right! (Henry VI, Part 2, c. 1591)
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

You will notice that this guy also has 3 Horton crossbows for sale. If they are far below retail value then maybe he is just getting rid of them. This may not be an Excalibur issue at all. Maybe he is having a sale or something.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Shakky wrote:You will notice that this guy also has 3 Horton crossbows for sale. If they are far below retail value then maybe he is just getting rid of them. This may not be an Excalibur issue at all. Maybe he is having a sale or something.
a fair observation but apparently he has been selling new xbows on ebay for some time as a guy noted early in this thread and thus it doesn't appear he is a guy liquidating a store or a jobber's inventory.
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

Maybe this guy is doing our sport a great service. He's selling good Xbows at prices that might make a difference in what bow is bought. Bringing more people in. And apparently 99% of his customers are happy campers. That's probably helping the brand by propagating it. This is just an observation from a non-dealer (non-lawyer :o). I see other internet dealers selling direct at prices at or even below some of this guy's, like Scott. Is it just the Ebay thing that irks some people?
http://www.scottsoutdoors.com/prod2.asp ... D=1&page=2
Greg
buyme

Does scoobygoodboy have a brick and mortar store?

Post by buyme »

or does he only ship from a warehouse somewhere? Does any of his previous ebay customer have his store address? Thanks.
ilcrossbowhunter

Post by ilcrossbowhunter »

ebay is ok if u want to find something thats rare or hard to find but for anything else ebay is a rip off to the fair market
popeye

ebay seller

Post by popeye »

I talked to the Excal. folks at Bowmania in Birmingham, Al. about this Ebay seller and they told me that they have had a lot of complaints about him underselling shops and not standing behind his sales and that they were looking into him, but it has been months now and he is still selling so oviously nothing sticks to him.
A.W

Post by A.W »

The listing has been removed.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
ilcrossbowhunter

i seen some of the stuff you guys talkin about and there is no way someone could sell that stuff that low unless they are black market
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

I believe this thread is getting way out of hand gentlemen. All Jim asked was "how is he starting his bid prices at below what legitimate retailers can buy them for"? All of the sudden everyone seemed to take sides as if there was a need to take one; one side for the consumer and one side for those bad pro shop owners who charge exuberant prices :wink:. I think Jim would just like to know so maybe he can get in on it and save some of his loyal customers some money. I personally only deal with Dan Miller when it comes to buying crossbows. I do like dealing with a professional. I have known Dan for 20 years and you couldn't ask for a more decent or honest man. If I have a problem at all Dan fixes it, no waiting no haggling no bitching. Need an accessory or part, next day air and I'm ready to go. Many times Dan never charged me for some work or small accessory that I needed. Sure, I could have saved 25 bucks on my new Exocet 200 but in the long run I think I made out. There is a value to supporting the small shop in my eyes. Also, I would much rather give my money to someone I know rather than a complete stranger. But thats what makes this world so great, everyone has a right to their own opinions and values so lets just leave it at that guys. Anybody make a big pot of venison stew yet? :D
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
ilcrossbowhunter

good point buckeye we should support all of the local small businesses. i have 3 major achery retailers a block away from my house but i go 45 miles to my local archery shop just for the personal service and i get to try before i buy instead of going to a big store where the sales people only want to sell me the next big, top of the line bow or crossbow. i recently became injured and cant draw a bow so i went lookin for a crossbow at the local shop