Grizzley Trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WNYBILL

Grizzley Trigger

Post by WNYBILL »

The trigger blade on my Grizzley is too far back in the trigger guard and I have to use my fingertip to release it. I have hesitated to remove the stock to see if there is a way to move the trigger forward in the trigger guard. Any suggestions? Is there a youtube video that may show a possible fix? Thanks!
Boo

Re: Grizzley Trigger

Post by Boo »

Your trigger lever is bent from pulling on it with the safety on. Wedge a piece of wood or something non-marring and bend it back forward.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
WNYBILL

Post by WNYBILL »

Is the trigger lever malleable enough to bend and not break? When you say "wedge a piece of wood in it" do you mean wedge the wood behind the trigger blade and bend forward? Would a screwdriver work?
Boo

Post by Boo »

WNYBILL wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:09 pm
Is the trigger lever malleable enough to bend and not break? When you say "wedge a piece of wood in it" do you mean wedge the wood behind the trigger blade and bend forward? Would a screwdriver work?
It isn't the trigger itself, its the shoe at the top and yes, it bends easy enough. Yes, bend it back to where it started so wedge something in behind the trigger lever and pull the trigger lever forward or take the stock off and tap it forward with a small hammer or mallet.
WNYBILL

Post by WNYBILL »

Boo, thank you!

Took the stock off and couldn't or didn't dare bend anything. The trigger is not steel, it's a composite of some kind. Is there an illustration of the trigger group? There are 2 screws or maybe pins that hold the trigger shoe, but I couldn't figure out how to bend it or move it forward. Anyhow, I took the Dermal with a drum sander and removed some of the trigger guard behind the trigger. I'll take it apart after deer season.

Bill
Boo

Post by Boo »

It's made out of a soft aluminum. doesn't take much to bend it back. Danny taps it with a mallet. If you're afraid of damaging anything, which is unlikely, just call Danny and order a trigger lever from him. I'm sure he has a few.