Microsupressor 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

redfin

Microsupressor 335

Post by redfin »

Seems my rail finish is chipping. Not the top flat part that contacts the severing but rather the groove that contacts the bolt. Any ideas? It was a piece a few inches long on one side. I used very fine sandpaper to smooth the rough finish. Seems fine but I am assuming it will get worse. Is this something that can be warrantied?
Boo

Re: Microsupressor 335

Post by Boo »

Got a picture?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

If I'm not mistaken, and I may be wrong, but the Micro 335 has an aluminum rail and didn't have any "color coating" added to it rail. Camo topside of rail, interior of rail no color for the 355 Micro Suppressor.
It would be extremely helpful to see pics of this situation.
Last edited by AJ01 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
redfin

Post by redfin »

My bow is up at camp now. I will post pictures of it later this week. Until then if anyone can add anything to this, I would be interested. I am unsure about the rail material however this is nothing more than the chipping of the coating in the groove where the bolt lays. It’s not a wearing away but rather a chipping of sorts. Mainly it’s on one side of the groove. Pics will be posted later this week. My bolts are clean and smooth and the bow sees low volume as I an a hunter. Maybe 12 shots a season total. Nice bow! No complaints really just a little concerned with this rail issue.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

The original Micro Suppressor is a 355, not a 335.

Camo rail:

And no, chipping is not normal. Check your nocks for sharp edges or hanging over the carbon diameter.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
redfin

Post by redfin »

That looks like mine. I stand corrected. I went over the bolts and the nocks several times. Smooth as silk. It’s rather puzzling to me. I will post pics later this week for sure. It’s a painted or coated rail and I had pitting on one of the limbs brand new out of the box. Those limbs failed quickly and the replacement limbs have been fine.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

This is the rail on my Micro Suppressor 355. I cannot begin to tell you how many arrows have been flung down this rail without a single issue.
Is the material coming loose on the very edge of the rail? If so, that may be just the camo coming loose, which would be pretty much cosmetic in my thinking.
But without pictures. :eusa-think:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
redfin

Post by redfin »

Thats my rail so it is a 355 sorry guys. I will get the pics up asap.
Like I said before, i hunt so I have it a few years by now. Other than the initial setup and sight in, maybe a dozen bolts a season it sees. While i had the limb break early on and now this issue, I absolutely love this bow and would buy another. Warranty service was the best.
redfin

Post by redfin »

Can’t see to size the pic to where it will upload. Error
File too large.help?
redfin

Post by redfin »

I got pic pic down to 38kb and now the error is board attachment quota reached.
Last edited by redfin on Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

You can’t upload pictures directly onto this site. You have to use something like Postimage
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

If you have Microsoft, you can use OneDrive which is part of your system to post pics. :thumbup:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Here is a picture I was sent of the rail in question.

Y'all want to weigh in on this one?
This appears to be one of the ones made in True Timber camo.

John, can you say exactly where you see chipping?