Winner Hatchet -Xmas - 6 Free Norms Arrows Contest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hatchet

Re: Xmas - 6 Free Norms Arrows Contest

Post by Hatchet »

[url=https://postimages.org/]Image

Here's a pic of my daughters and I on a ride with our local ATV club. This was our first year riding with a club and we had an excellent time!

[url=https://postimg.cc/PLBqNsjN]Image

This was our spring ride and with all the rain we got it was MUDDY! I wish a had got a picture of Sophie after she rolled the trike on its side in the middle of a giant mud hole.
Good times!😁
janesy

Post by janesy »

Lol, I don't need any arrows, but I had a great night a couple days ago.

Took my son out deer sitting for the first time. Went to a spot that was particularly low on the action front as I have such limited alone time with him these day. It was so bitter cold I figured he could do 2 hours, but if we got a deer, that would change drastically, and I wanted this to be only positive. Long game kinda stuff.

Highlight of the night for me was handing him a headlamp and just saying "here, you lead us back to the truck. Not a second of hesitation to walk through the dark woods. Proud dad moment there.

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Great pics everyone
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Nice job Chris! I see a future bear hunter there! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:05 am
Nice job Chris! I see a future bear hunter there! :)
He likes Deer and Turkey. Hannah wants Bears

Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Wonderful Pictures folks, great idea Norm!! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

VERY nice pictures Chris. Treasure every moment. They will grow up way too quickly!!
I found out yesterday I have a GREAT Grandchild on the way!! :wtf:
Dang!! I'm OLD!! :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:38 am
VERY nice pictures Chris. Treasure every moment. They will grow up way too quickly!!
Just old? :eusa-popcorn: :lol: :lol:

Congrats, it's gonna be double better than grand kids. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:47 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Just old? :eusa-popcorn: :lol: :lol:

Congrats, it's gonna be double better than grand kids. :thumbup:
Dan, there comes a time when age no longer matters. You're just OLD. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
I'm just waiting on one of the smarties to ask about hunting Wooly Mammoths!! :eusa-doh:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Great idea. I don't need the arrows, but have pics I can contribute. These two pics go back to the 2006 season which was my first with a crossbow. I had taken a nice doe and a yearling in the morning hunt with my Exomax. At the time, the county I hunt had a daily limit of two much like the rest of Virginia. For the afternoon hunt, I decided to take my son out to see if we could get him a deer. He was 10 y/o at the time.

We had a couple young doe feeding around and he took his first shot at about 30 yards in front of the stand. Without a lighted nock, it was hard for me to confirm if it was a hit. I saw the arrow skip off the ground beyond the doe and hit a tree about 40 yards away. The doe took off like it was on fire. I recall him being confident that he hit it. We kept sitting because the other doe was still nearby. Eventually it was slipping up through a thicket about 30 yards away. As I was using my arm to move tree limbs away from the stand to provide clearance for the Exomax limbs, I was getting ready to whisper to wait until the doe is in a clear spot when TWANG. He sent the arrow down through the thicket. :eusa-doh:
The arrow hit multiple items before it stopped. The doe took off downhill but turned back towards us at 50 yards and all movement stopped within 10 seconds. The doe still had to be close. After about 15 minutes of no further movement, we got down and found the second doe he shot at down not 40 yards away. It appears that the arrow must have bounced off of one of the front legs leaving a cut across it and hit the doe in the neck. A little luck can go a long way.

When we recovered the first arrow he fired, it was covered in blood. The blood trail was very sparse, but we found that deer, a button buck, about 75 yards later. He had drilled it through both front shoulder blades which explains why it departed with a purpose and left very little blood.

Here he is giving the two thumbs up.

And here is a pic of after Mom pointed out that he has blood on his hands.

Since that day, he's been a bowhunter. His two largest bucks were both taken with archery gear.

My first day of harvests with an Excalibur was the top of the mountain. It's been all downhill ever since. :lol:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Thanks Andy, we have a lot of fun. For the next few year I don't care if I shoot anything as long as the kids get the memories to come back to later.

Congrats! That's fantastic news. Let the spoiling begin.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

South Texas 2 days ago. Young man busted this buck at 135 yards.
His daddy and his grandpa are pretty proud fellows!! :lol: :lol:

gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Wonderful buck great harvest.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Normous

Post by Normous »

The Arrow draw was held today . All entrants names were put in a hat and draw by my wife Patti with her eyes close.
I thank all the participants who posted awesome photos of youth in the outdoors.

The lucky random winner is "Hatchet" .
We will be in contact!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Normous wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:40 am
The Arrow draw was held today . All entrants names were put in a hat and draw by my wife Patti with her eyes close.
I thank all the participants who posted awesome photos of youth in the outdoors.

The lucky random winner is "Hatchet" .
We will be in contact!
Go Corey!!!! :thumbup: