Excalibur Brown Bear

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lituani

Excalibur Brown Bear

Post by lituani »

Looking for a used, wide limb Excal for Christmas gift for my 11yo goddaughter. Ran across a "brown bear" model. Any details on it? Is it just an Axiom with different looks? If it is the Axiom, thinking this is about the best starting place for an 11yo. Don't recall Excalibur made anything slower or with lower draw weight (the MOST critical consideration). Don't want anything older without mag-tip limbs.
Boo

Re: Excalibur Brown Bear

Post by Boo »

Any idea how long the mainframe measures from tip to tip of the mainframe excluding any plastic? Brown Bear bows were made under a special run basis for shops that wanted order a quantity of bows. As far as I remember bows up to the 350 ft/sec bows were made.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
lituani

Post by lituani »

Dunno Boo. Found it on Craigslist and considering purchase, but only if lower draw weight. 175# should be manageable, but not 225# (which would be the 350fps you indicated). Guess I'll hold out for a used Exocet, Vixen, Ibex, etc. Any recommendations for low draw weight Excal for yutes? Stock length not a major issue (she's tall for age, so won't be long before standard stock length okay).
lituani

Post by lituani »

Guy selling Brown Bear confirmed it's 175# draw. But, no REDS suppressors. Can those be retrofit, or would I have to swap risers?
Boo

Post by Boo »

I can’t guarantee you but they are all just bows with brown stocks from the poop brown Vixen with the same brown limbs. You’d probably best to call Peter Balfour at Excalibur who is there on Mondays and Tuesdays. He just had a hip replacement. Danny Miller may know 740 483 2312. I’m pretty sure you can retrofit a set of REDs.
Ask the seller if there are two 3/8” holes in the riser 4 1/“ apart.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I just sold a Vixen with the brown limbs and stock recently. I know that they also made an Exomax in brown. Recently on here Doemaster said they had brown in 3 different draw weights. Not sure what the middle was but Doemaster might be someone to ask as well. The Vixen I sold had a rail same length as a Vixen II but had a full length stock. It did not have string stops but they would have worked on it fine.
Excalibur called that color “ Deer Hide Brown”, but everybody I know called it Poop Brown. They actually are about as well hidden in the woods as anything. A note about the stock, the brown color is all the way through, not a color screen on outside. If you scratch it, it’s still brown.
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:03 am
I just sold a Vixen with the brown limbs and stock recently. I know that they also made an Exomax in brown. Recently on here Doemaster said they had brown in 3 different draw weights. Not sure what the middle was but Doemaster might be someone to ask as well. The Vixen I sold had a rail same length as a Vixen II but had a full length stock. It did not have string stops but they would have worked on it fine.
Excalibur called that color “ Deer Hide Brown”, but everybody I know called it Poop Brown. They actually are about as well hidden in the woods as anything. A note about the stock, the brown color is all the way through, not a color screen on outside. If you scratch it, it’s still brown.
I was kinda surprised that 175 lbs was mentioned because I thought that only the Vixen, Exocet and the Max were done in brown. But they were done on request so who knows? It’s also pretty easy to swap mainframes.