Excalibur open sights

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seedycad

Excalibur open sights

Post by seedycad »

After my failed request for an mfo open sight i was wondering if anyone has a open (front and back) sights for an Excalibur vixen 2?
I hate using scopes especially at short range, i can zero at 25 yards with opens and instinctively do the rest.
I actually shoot 3ds with no sights at all on my vintage xbows.
Hope you are all doing ok? 👍👌😁🆗
Here in the UK we aren't allowed to do much, don't let it happen to the US.
gerald strine

Re: Excalibur open sights

Post by gerald strine »

I do not believe the open sights have been offered in a very long time but you may want to reach out to Danny Miller the Service rep in ohio he may have some kicking around.
You will have to call as he does not have a web sight 740 483 2312
Good luck.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
seedycad

Post by seedycad »

Thanks Gerald.
I have spoken to him in the past hes a throughly decent old school fellow.
Whats happened to this forum there use to be so many people and posts?
I expect farsebook have taken many away. Don't use it myself.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

seedycad wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:48 am
Thanks Gerald.
That is a very good question the forum used to be much more active I really do not know what the decline is .
It was reading on this sight many years ago that pushed me to a recurve bow and being able to do the maintenance and bow upkeep my self that sold me on recurves.
I wonder if the sight is even taking new forum members I do not really see new members posting.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Boo

Post by Boo »

gerald strine wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:36 am
seedycad wrote:
Thanks Gerald.
That is a very good question the forum used to be much more active I really do not know what the decline is .
It was reading on this sight many years ago that pushed me to a recurve bow and being able to do the maintenance and bow upkeep my self that sold me on recurves.
I wonder if the sight is even taking new forum members I do not really see new members posting.
There are countless people who could not join, people got tired of not being able to sign on, it’s old software that doesn’t have the features that CBN has. This forum discourages people. Unfortunately Bowtech doesn’t appear to have great interest and seems to hold the purse strings but they are a vertical compound bow company and are in a state where hunting with a crossbow is illegal. However a lot of people still just read without participating. This forum needs new software.
https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=74189
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:53 pm
There are countless people who could not join, people got tired of not being able to sign on, it’s old software that doesn’t have the features that CBN has. This forum discourages people. Unfortunately Bowtech doesn’t appear to have great interest and seems to hold the purse strings but they are a vertical compound bow company and are in a state where hunting with a crossbow is illegal. However a lot of people still just read without participating. This forum needs new software.
Agree 💯% Don
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Thanks for the insight Don .
That is a shame though their was a great set of guys here and it is hard to find the quality of people that called this forum home in the past.
The ones that remain are still great but we have lost so many for no good reason.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Boo

Post by Boo »

gerald strine wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:09 pm
Thanks for the insight Don .
That is a shame though their was a great set of guys here and it is hard to find the quality of people that called this forum home in the past.
The ones that remain are still great but we have lost so many for no good reason.
Absolutely! It's a crying shame! When we go to CBN, we see a host of poor quality advice and information which does not help this brand at all! But we still have some solid posters that still post here and at CBN. :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I have a buddy that’s not been on in awhile but can’t log in. Looking for custom arrows so I’ll get him in touch with Norm
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:53 pm
gerald strine wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:36 am
seedycad wrote:
Thanks Gerald.
I've been saying this for years now. :thumbup:
I find it almost impossible at times just to log-in. Posting pictures or videos is next to flying without a plane!! It's a trainwreck!!
How discouraging that must be to new purchasers of Excalibur bows?
Don, I think you are correct. Bowtech isn't going to spend the money to upgrade the site.
I would gladly pay a yearly fee... IF they, BOWTECH, would make the necessary upgrades.
I know several of us have had other members contact us and ask if we could post pictures for them. A Forum should not be that difficult.

I find myself on CBN more than here. It's just simpler to navigate and use.
I will always be an Excalibur bow user. It's a shame their Forum can't be as "user friendly" as their bows. :eusa-doh:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Mr seedycad
I was wondering if you have ever considered a red dot type of aiming device ?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

Are you trying to have a multiple pin setup in front and an aperture rear sight? Or would a single front globe sight and rear aperture work? Is there an air rifle sight that would work for what you are trying to do that would just need to be adapted to mount to your bow? Do you have guardian anti dry fire or the non adf scope rail? The original peep sight setup on the bows was a bit coarse (large rear peep aperture) for target shooting, although it worked fine for hunting. I can think of a couple of different ways of mounting existing air rifle sight setups to your vixen, although it would likely require some machining or possibly access to a 3d printer along with some donor sights that you want to install. Quite a few different ways to add sights to the vixen, although I'm not quite sure what you would have access to readily on your side of the pond.
2002 Exomag
Varizone with Burris Sig. Zee Rings
My mods:
Scope cover adapters
Optomechanical rangefinder
Custom built lit nocks
BCY Trophy flemish string
20" XX75 2219 arrows with 4" feathers
seedycad

Post by seedycad »

Good morning to you from Blighty.
We are very limited to open sights here.lots of red dots available but thats not what im after, batteries quickly run out, i have looked into pins and even tried to fit an old Barnett pin sight but the costs of making up a front mount were ridiculous.
I have now managed to contact Bad river outdoors who do the mfo open sights and am waiting for a reply as to whether they have one for a vixen. I will let you know.
I dont have an anti dry fire rail just the standard. I tried using a speed dial with a seeall sight it worked well but wasnt what i wanted. Fussy so and so aren't i 😂
seedycad

Post by seedycad »

Thanks for your reply Gerald. Yes i have tried red dots, i am not a fan of anything optical. I have rugby ball shaped eyes and wear glasses which distorts what i see through an optic. Everything goes to the left!
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

My exomax came with a rear peep and a single front pin..I've since added a scope.
Was always easy to use and dead on at like 25 yrds.

Rear peep could be drilled open more , or adapted / modified to an open sight. Just cut it to make a rear sight.