2024 Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Re: 2024 Season

Post by munch »

Don I’d say this was the worst year for hunting I can remember in 25 years . No movement in the day and few bucks .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
grouse

Post by grouse »

In 2023 I didn't get a deer with my crossbow and I want to correct that this year. I saw plenty of deer while bowhunting, but I never had a buck I was sure was legal (4 pts. on one side) or a doe come into good range. I shot one buck and one doe with a rifle, so I have plenty of venison.

I only hunted field edge stands last year because my main woods stand was in a tree that was rotting and I took it down before the season and never put it back up. Sometime soon I intend to put that stand in a good spot and have it ready for next year. In the near term, I'm looking forward to spring fishing and turkey hunting.
axiom
350 SE
lituani

Post by lituani »

2023 was worst season in a looong time. Only got two little ones. But, better than expected since I wasn't sure of getting out at all.

One of my favorite "retreat to the woods" late season areas was hit by major windstorms last spring which brought down tons of trees and re-routed the deer. Previously super busy trailcams went virtually silent.

And, my honeyhole is history. Used to be guaranteed at least 2-3 deer after corn came down. But, county built walking trail between woods & cornfield which made the deer 100% nocturnal :evil: Can't believe folks walk that trail (with dogs :shock: ) throughout hunting season..and don't even wear orange.

Lotta door knockin' and woods walkin' to do for a better 2024.
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Turned out to be one of my better years. Five trips to public land and killed five deer. Camped out with my daughter in law on three of them and she was able to see deer and missed one. Only downside was that I was not able to get a hog this year.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I'm gonna put up two additional stands next season.
I hunted 63 evenings this year next year I hope for even more. 😆
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.