2024 Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

2024 Season

Post by Boo »

So what all are you guys doing to do differently next year and how was your year? Mine was terrible! I had pretty much all days too warm for more than 5 does come out and very few bucks. I had only a couple of deer coming out during legal hours. My kill plot planting sucked!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Re: 2024 Season

Post by Carnivorous »

I can't complain about my 2024 season I strictly hunt for deer meat never been much of a trophy hunter, the freezer is full... :)

I'm hoping to get a nice spring bear and a Turkey or 2 to start things off this year... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

No drought for 2024, that's my plan. 2021 and 2023 were horrible droughts here.

Too bad I'm not in charge of the weather.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Not passing up so damn many bucks!!
And ending up with nada as a consequence! :cry:

Cheers
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

planning on the continuation of habitat improvement and adding a couple more blinds to my 80 so i can keep the deer guessing where i am like i do with them. with that said last fall was my best on this propery in the 31 years been hunting it so hoping 2024 continues where 2023 left off
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I did pretty good for last season. Just on the venison side there was 2 Whitetails and 2 Axis.
Most went to hamburger, then pan sausage and summer sausage.
Seems like I cannot keep grandkids out of the freezer. :lol: :lol:

I do have a couple of stands to move on one piece of property. That'll include moving a couple of feeders also.
Same property has little to no water. We walked around it the other day looking at where to dig a new pond.
There is evidence of an old creek drainage running thru the middle of the place, so I am sure the pond will be dug somewhere along its old route.
Probably in the middle of the place!! :lol: :lol:

It'll just require a little track hoe and dozer work.
Hope to start that project in March or the first part of April.

I have a friend that moved here from Washington State last spring.
They have 40 acres of big timber. Mostly pines with good hardwoods along a creek bottom. It has 4 large White Oak trees along that creek. Excellent natural forage here in East Texas. Water runs year-round on their place.
And like us, he has Hog issues too. :thumbdown:

He killed a small spike of the place this fall, but says he has bigger deer. Where he is, I'm SURE he does. Matter of fact, I KNOW he does!! :lol:
One of the biggest Bucks killed in East Texas was killed about 5 miles from his driveway.
I'm supposed to help him this spring set stands and feeder on his place too.

Hopefully I can squeeze in a Turkey hunt or two this spring.
I'm also looking forward to the White Bass and Crappie spawn this spring.

Now that I have eastablished a good work crew, perhaps I can once more semi retire? Yea, right!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Well I’m going to try and hunt :D have not hunted in the last 5 years! The road kill moose is great :D
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Normous

Post by Normous »

mr meat wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:09 pm
Well I’m going to try and hunt :D have not hunted in the last 5 years! The road kill moose is great :D
Hey Wes, last spring I stumbled upon the boneyard on Powassen rd and #11 just below North Bay..
Looks like your municipality dumps all roadkill here. It was full of moose bones and carcasses.

Do you have any part in this?

I helped myself to a couple large moose femur bones. One of them got drilled and tapped for my friends Rat Rod .
Cool looking shifter handle/linkage!!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Tag soup sucks! Didnt see one deer on the hoof during last season......this year HAS to be better!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I just plan on hunting this year !
drs. said no hunting last year but,
i'm gonna hunt this year no matter
what they say, :eh:
But i will be a ground hunter only. :eh:
I got equiptment to handle deer so
that shouldn,t be a problem. :thumbup:
not hunting last year sucked. :thumbdown:
Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Normous wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:35 pm
mr meat wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:09 pm
Hey Wes, last spring I stumbled upon the boneyard on Powassen rd and #11 just below North Bay..
Looks like your municipality dumps all roadkill here. It was full of moose bones and carcasses.

Do you have any part in this?

I helped myself to a couple large moose femur bones. One of them got drilled and tapped for my friends Rat Rod .
Cool looking shifter handle/linkage!!
Good eye Norm ! Not a good spot to stop! Been there once or twice😃 there’s a few spots that they have to get rid of them can’t be left on shoulder or between north and south lanes
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'm planning to get in more evening sits in the coming season. There was road construction between my home and hunting spot that made getting in a hunt after work all but impossible last year. I can't complain, because it was out best year ever on the property. But we really didn't have any buck sightings to speak of until almost November. I attribute that partially to not having many evening sits during the week last year.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Drew a tag for one of the area lakes for a two week window the first two weeks of season, Oct 1-15. I was really busy and only managed a couple of sits. Lots of sightings but only shot opportunity was a little buck and he didnt have enough antler to meet the antler restrictions. I also drew a tag for a different lake for the season but......Nov. 1st I bagged a new left knee, so spent the rest of the season rehab and PT. Still not where I want it but still working on it. That pretty well took me out of the woods. Cant wait until spring turkey season.(surely it will be better, right?) :lol: :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Everything! I never got out. We are in a waiting game on our farm property every day for ever as the owner is in her 90’s and we know the family is going to sell it when she passes. We’re always looking.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Had a great season hunting with my brother. Took 3 deer off the 80 acres, should have had a couple more but that’s hunting. My brother dropped off 2 deer for me when he went gun deer hunting and his party shot a boatload of deer. I’m going out hunting this Wednesday for the last time. I still have 2 doe tags. I’ll give the deer away if I get one.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline