Once in a lifetime weekend on Nip

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: Once in a lifetime weekend on Nip

Post by longbow joe »

Wow fun times... that's an awsome trip.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Thanks for the great replies guys.

So took me 5 hours to fillet the 81 fish. One 2 hour shift and one 3 hour shift. Touched up the fillet knife once mid way through with a few strokes on the 1200 grit fine hone. Might look into an electric as my neighbour tells me they are the cat's azz. Although not sure if it would be any faster as my fillet knife is a one off custom that keeps and holds a razor's edge.

Have had two meals off the haul so far and have 7 large freezer bags stuffed with meat. Gonna eat off this haul for a while.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
grouse

Post by grouse »

Species8472 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:47 pm
Thanks for the great replies guys.

So took me 5 hours to fillet the 81 fish. One 2 hour shift and one 3 hour shift. Touched up the fillet knife once mid way through with a few strokes on the 1200 grit fine hone. Might look into an electric as my neighbour tells me they are the cat's azz. Although not sure if it would be any faster as my fillet knife is a one off custom that keeps and holds a razor's edge.

Have had two meals off the haul so far and have 7 large freezer bags stuffed with meat. Gonna eat off this haul for a while.
You need to try a good electric fillet knife. I'm not exceptionally fast, but I can fillet and skin a crappie in about one minute with an electric knife. I have a nice Wusthov fillet knife that I keep razor sharp. When I use it, it easily takes twice as long to fillet a fish as it does with the electric knife. I have filleted 50 fish in an hour before with the electric knife, not packaged, just fillets in a bowl and everything else in a bucket.
axiom
350 SE