Boo String
Rev X arrows
Swacker 150 grain
3x9 leuopold scope
stoneycreekhunter

Re: Overwatch scope

Post by stoneycreekhunter »

I personally don’t like it.

I find that the reticle has too many layers and can be hard to read in low light conditions for us older guys.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I haven't hunted with mine or shot around sunset but looking outside without illuminating the reticle I thought it may work ok for legal hours. I know what you mean about your eyes. It's mostly about how bad your cataracts are. My cataracts are getting bad. I need more light to reach my eyes, the dimmer the illumination the better and the less illuminated clutter the better. The lighted circles just may cause me to bail on the scope. Otherwise I think it's a very good OE scope.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Huskemaw crossbow scope solved my older eyes scope issues. More spendy but worth it!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:03 pm
Huskemaw crossbow scope solved my older eyes scope issues. More spendy but worth it!
+1 on the Huskemaw !
One very clear red/green dot crossbow scope with a factory included turret yardage adjustment custom made to your crossbow speed and arrow weight.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I'm mainly a morning hunter anymore. I hate dragging deer out after dark.
So....I like mine. It was on a Bottomland Camo 340 I picked up last year.
I will admit, the 1st time I looked thru it I thought, "That sure is a lot of stuff in my view", but after spending some time with it and killing a couple of deer with it, I decided to let it stay.

I like the fact that if I need a little light, I can adjust the reticles down to a very faint glow. It's not just an "On/Off" type setting.
Is it for everyone? Nope.
That's why they make a whole plethora of different type scope, crossbows and everything else.
How boring would it be if we were all alike and liked the same things? :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 am
I'm mainly a morning hunter anymore. I hate dragging deer out after dark.
x 2 on the preference to deal with a carcass during daylight, but I'll deal with'em whenever they arrive.

I've had the Tact-100 & Overwatch reticle on a few bows now and there is one thing it is capable of that many of the others aren't. Precise point of aim. When you are trying to hit a gnats arse (thumbtack, nail head, staple, squirrel eyeball) at 20-40 yards, you can still see the target in this reticle and just center it in the circle. That's not true with the standard crosshair type of reticles. When your crosshair is 1" thick at 40 yards, that becomes the limit of your precision. Hitting a dime at 40y is tough when your crosshair is two dimes wide. With deer sized targets, everything works. With tiny targets, the Overwatch/Tact-100 reticle is the best in my opinion.

That being said, I put a thick reticle Hawke on my Wolverine because it's easier to see to me in low light.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: