Serving material

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PRB

Serving material

Post by PRB »

Could someone tell me the strongest, longest lasting, serving material thats out there ? This is for my Fast Flight Flemish string. Its ok if it costs a little extra :wink: Thanks, Randy
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

both BCY makes a crossbow serving thread-its spectra (best buy it soon-spectra is being diverted for ballistic vests for the military) .30 we have some I use on customers bows

http://www.bcyfibers.com

.24 HALO also works rather well too

sail thread is what excalibur uses I believe
PRB

Post by PRB »

Thanks Jim C. I'll check that out. Sounds like good stuff 8)
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

for everyone ( I got a PM on this and have answered) spectra is the trade name for fast flite-most companies call it something other than spectra-teh bcy stuff is called CROSSBOW SERVING
PRB

Post by PRB »

Thanks Jim C. Just got it in the mail today. On the side of the spool it says "Crossbow Serving" On the outside of the package it says "100% Braided Spectra Crossbow Serving Thread"
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

cool: do you know how to re-serve your string? its best done on the bow unless you have a string jig.

that stuff is best served TIGHT-cavalier or BEITER winder (very good and Best respectively)
PRB

Post by PRB »

No :oops: I dont know how to re-serve my string. The guy at the store said he would show me how to tie the knot and said the whole process is really quite simple. I dont have a string jig. I do want to learn how to do it myself. Is a string jig better than trying to do it on the bow ? I will look into the 2 names you mentioned (Cavalier, Beiter) Thanks
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

I string jig is great if you want to learn how to tie your own strings (I do commercially but I use flemish excalibur strings on my crossbows-I tie my own recurve, compound and AUSBOW strings though)

for RESERVING your own crossbow string you really don't need one

it is simple to do