"The Block" Archery Target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

"The Block" Archery Target

Post by BryanOney »

Can someone tell me if this is as good of a target as it claims to be. How does it work with crossbow bolts. What size do you like. Thanks
CaptainCharles

Post by CaptainCharles »

I Second what BSTOUT says.......
"The American Dream is having your name on a weapon!" - Ted Nugent
Sixgun357

Post by Sixgun357 »

Is the crossbow Block the brown one?
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I third Bstout---its the one I have and its what you need for a xbow.. :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I've got the black and white Block, with the five black dots on the face. The problem I have with it, when I shoot into it with my Exomag, (30 yards) its buried right to the fletching, (almost) making it almost impossible to pull out by hand. I only shot into it a half dozen times, and that's enough, now I unload into it at 40-50 yards. On one bolt the field point and insert stayed into it, when I pulled it out.

Also my question to any one of you guys, if I'm having this much trouble getting my field point out, how in tar-nation does a fellow get a broadhead out?????????

Frustrated:

Grey Owl
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

we use the big blocs on our public range-before we used the whitetail material -it works almost as well as the bloc and is cheaper but requires hours and hours to cut the stuff up.

I recommend them

Post by Guest »

Hi Grey Owl,

To pull bolts out, field points or broadheads, i use a piece of rubber (bicycle inner tire tube) wrapped around the bolt and while standing on top of the Block, i pull like there is no tomorrow.
The added bonus, it really builds upper body strength for cocking the xbow.....repitition isn't necessary as it doesn't take much to sight-in these Xcaliburs!!!!!!!!!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I actually made my own styrafoam block targets one with the cheap white panels. I cut them and stacked them to make a 2'x2' block and then a single, really tight, wrap with that "egg crate matress foam. Finally some duct tape to hold it all together. I use an Exocet and at 20 yards the carbon bolts are just at the fletch. At 30 yards there's a good 2 inches plus the flecth sticking out. You get the idea.

I'm thinking of one addition to the above target. I might make a stand and suspend it with bungee cords. It'll be neat to see if the pendulum setup will absorb some shock and leave the bolts not so deep. But then again, the old Excalibur may just be too damn powerful :wink:.

I also made one with the high density styrafoam panels (the blue stuff for basements) and will be trying it out tomorow. I'll let you guys know how it works.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
shootone

Post by shootone »

Have you tried taking a corn bag and stuffing it with plastic bags ? Much cheaper.
Field points wouldnt go through but broadheads will.
Shootone.
PaJack

Post by PaJack »

I have one and love it... :D
Hunt Safe,
Jack
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Tried the high density foam target today. It stops the bolts much better, however, pulling them out was hell! It took everything I had to pull out the 14 or 15 inches that was in the target. I think I'll junk that one.

I have heard of the bag full of shopping bags and I've been saving them since September :D . Maybe by January I'll have enough.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!