Exomax limb question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Butcher

Exomax limb question

Post by The Butcher »

Got a new Exomax, and I noticed after stringing, that the center part of the center serving was not centered even on each side of the arrow trough. 1 and 1/4 inch on one side, 1 and one half on the other. So I then measured from the inside edge of the arrow trough on the right side to the limb tip, and did the same on the other side, and ended up 1/8" different. Is this normal? Could this have happened because I twisted the string unevenly to get the brace height right? I just wondered if it effects the power stroke, or is the amount it is uneven so slight, it does not matter. I have not shot the bow yet, but I'm new to this crossbow stuff. I've settled on 2216's, and hope that is a good choice. I'm trying to get ready for the late season. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

assuming you COCKED The bow correctly no big deal. better to measure the tiller though-the distance between the limb and the string at a consistent point-if there is a difference you might have a problem though I have never seen it with an excalibur/

shoot it a few times and see if the serving trues up-sometimes twisting it will cause VERY Slight changes but if the tiller is even (ie the same reading for each limb when taken from symetrical positions) a slightly off center serving means nothing
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

i had this off center serving problem with 2 strings on my exomag. i was new to the bow and didn't know better. My bow chewed up strings fast when the servings were out of center...so to me IT is a big deal. when i put a new string on the bow i make sure i START OUT DEAD CENTER WITH THE DECK, then while the string breaks in i adjust accordingly. just my opinion------STEEL
Digger

Post by Digger »

Try turning the string around, same thing happened to me. Took the string off and swapped ends . Worked great, and does not cost any thing to try.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
BUCKSHOT

Just a thought

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I always try to center my serving on the initial set-up, and then twist each side the same amount to take the stretch out after the string begins to settle! I think twisting each side may be better. Just a feeling, it seems like the rite thing to do! JMO
Enjoy the Harvest!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Are all your bolts good and tight? Are your dbars tensioned evenly on each side?
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
GaryL

Re: Exomax limb question

Post by GaryL »

The Butcher wrote:Got a new Exomax, and I noticed after stringing, that the center part of the center serving was not centered even on each side of the arrow trough. 1 and 1/4 inch on one side, 1 and one half on the other. So I then measured from the inside edge of the arrow trough on the right side to the limb tip, and did the same on the other side, and ended up 1/8" different. Is this normal? Could this have happened because I twisted the string unevenly to get the brace height right? I just wondered if it effects the power stroke, or is the amount it is uneven so slight, it does not matter. I have not shot the bow yet, but I'm new to this crossbow stuff. I've settled on 2216's, and hope that is a good choice. I'm trying to get ready for the late season. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Butcher
Butcher I have the same problem...center serving is not even, tried the above suggestions and a new string...still off center serving...The Exomax is shooting A-OK :!: Maybe the next string will be centered better.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
fletch

Post by fletch »

Thanks Butcher, by posting your ? you helped solved why I have to put a new string on my max approx. every 30 shots. New string will be centered. I am on my fourth string now. Thanks again.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Fletch are you using a cocking rope or crankaroo :?: The hooks need to be improved as they pull your serving apart where the string bends toward the limbs... I put more of a cruve in mine on the limb sides and it helped a lot. I also put a small piece of thin leather in the hooks for a little give and now very little serving spread where the hooks draw on the string.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
fletch

Post by fletch »

Gary I use the rope cocking aid. The shop where I bought it told me they thought it was sharp edges on the riser but the serving is coming apart where the trigger hooks hold the string.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Read that, a couple of the forum members have had that problem with a few other Excalibur's and they just smoothed off the claws. You should e-mail Excalibur and see if they will fix it..Or tell you how to smooth them off. Mine is not doing that one.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!