20 point buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sliver

Post by Sliver »

[quote="TAC"]The Canon 300D. It's a 6.3MP camera. For these images I just used the stock 18-55mm lens. File size was "large" to enable the highest resolution.

Thanks
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I admire you for not shooting him out of season. I wounder how many hunters could hold back. What a magnificant animal. He looks to be about 3 and half. Next season he will be sporting a world class rack. I wouldn't tell to many folks around your way. Keep a feeder going all year he may have a chance to live till next season. Great pic's BTW. Thanks for sharing.
TAC

Post by TAC »

There's just no way I could do that. If a person really needed the food, a smaller deer could be taken but how would you justify shooting this beast? You'd have to tell people that you got a 19 point buck (I'd definitely be getting the head mounted!) and there's no way that a killing of a buck this size could be kept quiet if even a few close friends were told.

No matter how big, it would always be in the back of my mind that it wasn't a legal kill.

I was closely looking for markings that will help me identify it once it's antlers are gone. I should have reached out the window and used a Sharpie pen to make one. ;)

Not a chance I'll be shooting it. At least not until next October 15th. :)

DaveHawk wrote:I admire you for not shooting him out of season. I wounder how many hunters could hold back.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

I think it's shameful that your deer season only goes from 10/15 to 12/01 and mine goes a full three months from 10/01 to 12/31 and we both pay the same $34.00 for a tag.

I think you are getting ripped off by the MNR.

FWIW,

Mike
dw

Post by dw »

our season here in maryland usa goes from 9-15 thru 1-31. and i complain about not being able to hunt on sundays. guess we are lucky :D
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
Large Cranium

Small Cranium

Post by Large Cranium »

DaveBuzzard!
How could you even suggest killing that buck out of season!? You simple minded SOB,.. fly away!!!
"I wounder...." Look at what you posted.

You are a wounder.
TAC wrote:There's just no way I could do that.
Not a chance I'll be shooting it. At least not until next October 15th. :)

DaveHawk wrote:I admire you for not shooting him out of season. I wounder how many hunters could hold back.
TAC

Post by TAC »

He's back again now. My cat is sitting about 10' away from him. There's a bit of a stare down contest is going on!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

You are a Lucky man TAC... To Have a beautiful creature like that come so close to your house & Give you the oportunatey to get such great photos of a great animal...
Enjoy your free entertainment :wink:

I hope you get the chance to find his sheds this winter,,

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I just realized I said FREE entertainment.. After I thought about it,,, I guess it's not free,,, you have to pay hydro, mortgage etc.... :wink: :lol:

Have a Great Day TAC!

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife