First crossbow kills

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

alhuntr

First crossbow kills

Post by alhuntr »

I just completed a population control hunt on a state park here in Alabama. I used a friends tenpoint crossbow and now I am hooked. I want an excalibur because of the design, but the tenpoint did a fine job. I killed three does with three shots ranging from 15 to 37 yards. I cant wait to get me an excalibur where I can use it as often as I want. Anybody have any tips for buying one off the net? We still have over a month to go here in Dixie and I want to get one for a good price right around Christmas. After that I am gonna be in the market for one of the custom stocks I have seen pictured on here. I know what opinions are like, but which excalibur would you buy for whitetails/hogs? Thanks for any help...Alhuntr
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

I got a good deal from www.keystonecountrystore.com last year. They were very helpful, and their price was as good as I found. You have made a good decision in buying Excalibur. I love my Exomag. We have almost two months left in our season here in Arkansas and I haven't had much time to hunt as of yet, but do have quite a bit of time available now and am hoping to make my first xbow harvest soon.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
BOB VANDRISH

First Crossbow Kills

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Try looking on ebay.
There is a seller,on ebay,"scoobygoodboy",who has had some very good prices,and he has been the subject of comments in this forum.
They are listed under "who is this guy"?
Most of the comments about him were related to how come he could sell them below wholesale cost.
I got my Exocet on ebay,from another person,and just bought another from this guy,for another forum reader,for a really good price.
You have to read carefully what he is listing,as sometimes he shows a bow with a scope,yet the one he is selling does not have one!
Usually one on ebay at one time or another.
Good luck,
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

I just bought an excalibur from scooby off of Ebay. Great deal, great price, no problems, and I had the Brand New bow in 4 days. That's all I can say. I saw some other guy said he bought one and it did not come with the arrows, quiver,scope, mount, rings, and other accessories as shown in the picture. Well no kidding. It did say in the add, the bow did not come with the accessories shown. I bought my bow, $80 Cheaper than anyone on, or off line offered. All the pro shops in my area wanted $100 bucks more. I believe in supporting the little guy, but come on $100 bucks on a $500 Item. I ended up getting my Exomax, for $465 Delivered. Can't really say how much I like it, still tinkering. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Tennessee Nimrod

Post by Tennessee Nimrod »

BAMA Brother you have a P.M.