New Excal. models?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

DesertRat wrote:What GaryL really needs is a nice custom painted stock for one of his harpoon launchers :wink:
I was a thinking of doing that DesertRat, with deer season over at the end of Jan. I might just come up with something and put my airbrush's too work. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I do believe that Bill T could price any upgrades to the extent that even if sales of the new bows were hurt somewhat by the upgrades he would still come out on top.

Face it folks - we are all his loyal customers and most have been for quite sometime. The upgrades would only help the present loyal customers - us. Not any future customers..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I'm not sure why they would sell new limbs in an upgrade package. It is my understanding that all the limbs are the same regardless of what bow you have. My bow is only a year old why would I want new limbs? As far as buying the new model I would have to get a good price for the Vixen to make in worth while/affordable and the value of the Vixen just took a nose dive. So I guess I wait and see what they want for the upgrade package.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Here's a list of models by Ten Point for this year

Crosssbow Model > Elite QX-4, Elite Lite, QX-4, Titan TL-4

in the last 10 years from 1994
huntsman'94-'97
huntmaster w/o yokes'94-'95 .
huntnaster with yokes'95-'97
huntmaster TL 4 '98
458 magnum '96-'97
458 magnum TL 4' '98-'99
woodsman '98
woodaman plus &woodsman SE
titan & titanSE
turbo extreme & magnom extreme
turbo extreme & magnam extreme
elite, magnum, stealth, & turbo X2
elite X2, stealth X2, turbo X2, titan ll, & titan SE

There are also 3 different strings & 7 different sets of cables.
A lot of these xbows are now orphaned like the Relayer & Wolverine, but parts are still available.

This company seems to sell a lot of good xbows and change Models every few years and stay in busness.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Anyone venture to guess how much $$ the new Phoenix Riser would cost?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Shakky wrote:I'm not sure why they would sell new limbs in an upgrade package. It is my understanding that all the limbs are the same regardless of what bow you have. My bow is only a year old why would I want new limbs? As far as buying the new model I would have to get a good price for the Vixen to make in worth while/affordable and the value of the Vixen just took a nose dive. So I guess I wait and see what they want for the upgrade package.
Not just new limbs shakky, example you could upgrade your xbow with just the new RISER.. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I hope they will just sell the riser but if Buckshot is correct the upgrade package will come with the limbs as well. The package could get costly if they include the limbs.
I noticed that archer's nook was selling the Phoenix for the same price as the Vixen. What a deal!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

BJ wrote:with these new breeds of bows, i now think it's time that the new riser and limb assembly was offered as an upgrade...what do you think ????..
I agree, and think it's time.

I would think that it would increase sales for Bill T. and his dealers, since present owners would be willing to invest in the upgrade. That being the case, one would see fewer older models for resale. thereby potential new owners would be purchasing the new models.

The only question would be, could Excalibur Inc. increase production of parts in order to be able to supply both the new and existing models?
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

I think you guys are getting worked up over nothing. I really don't see the parts becoming available.

Let's face it, you can't readily buy rails and triggers now to upgrade your bows so why would Excalibur start to sell risers?

Sure it would be cool for us but IMHO it ain't gonna happen.

There may be a Kolourfusion Phoenix in my hands next season though..... :D

Mikey Vee
huntin freak

Post by huntin freak »

So can I change the performance of my 5 year old+ exocet with the carved limbs by purchasing these newer exomax limbs??
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

see your "limb change" thread.

Mike
patmax

cheap prices on ebay

Post by patmax »

The new line of Excalibur crossbows probably explains the recent cheap prices seen on ebay.

I bought my Exocet on ebay last summer......... Am I mad - not a bit. It is still a great crossbow and will serve me for many years to come. For whitetail deer it provides more than enough power and is fun to shoot. Will I upgrade if the parts are made available by Excalibur, possibly; but, no rush.

patmax