New Excal. models?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ALINALBERTA

New Excal. models?

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Hi guys. I may be way behind on this, but I noticed in The Archers Nook web site there is now a 200 lb. Exocet with the same power stroke as the 175 lb. and there is a new 175 lb. model called the Phoenix with a 14" powerstroke same as the Vixen. No doubt this is from the Exomax breeding. I was just wandering if these are very recent or have been out for a bit. I don't see any info on the Excalibur website about them. :)

Al.
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

You're right. New models are here. Some more interesting choices. Higher fps in shorter power strokes. Cool. They must have just come out.
Get out & Enjoy.
Sixgun357

Post by Sixgun357 »

Is it thier way of doing a little tweaking. Add a few FPS every year. Whats a 1 year old exocet shoot? And what does thie years exocet shoot. How many pounds and FPS.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Looks like they just mated the heavier limbs of the exomax with the other frames
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Maybe just the ExoMax riser??

I will see and handle them come January 7th or 8th in Indianapolis
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
bj

Post by bj »

-actually the exomax limbs are the same as all of the other bows...but, take the riser from this bow and retrofit it on all of the 2004 models and what have your got...your 150 # vixen now flys like a bird (phoenix) and your 2004 exocet just got turbo-charged...what about the emag...it's already done in the form of the exomax...(bye bye exomag :shock: )...with these new breeds of bows, i now think it's time that the new riser and limb assembly was offered as an upgrade...what do you think ????..although these bows are now advertised, they will not be available until after xmas...

wayne...
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

bj wrote:-.....................what about the emag...it's already done in the form of the exomax...(bye bye exomag :shock: )...with these new breeds of bows, i now think it's time that the new riser and limb assembly was offered as an upgrade...what do you think ????..although these bows are now advertised, they will not be available until after xmas...

wayne...
OK.. I've got a 2001 E'mag in the 185 pound version. I just had the Exocet pass me up.

Yes, I would not mind an upgrade to a new riser to boost me a little.

I always did like POWER...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

I LIKE the sounds of the Phoenix!

Exocet performance in a compact Vixen-length package.....that will be just the ticket IMHO.

Mikey Vee
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

What is the difference between a 200lb Exomag 16.5" power stroke - 330 fps and a 200lbs Exocet - 15.5" power stroke - 330 fps.

Other then a 1" stroke length, what is the advantage of 1 over the other?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Partikle wrote:What is the difference between a 200lb Exomag 16.5" power stroke - 330 fps and a 200lbs Exocet - 15.5" power stroke - 330 fps.

Other then a 1" stroke length, what is the advantage of 1 over the other?
If ya be on the short side that 1" can be the difference in how easy you can cock it :!: :twisted:

bj not a bad idea and I sure would go fer it "max riser as an upgrade " :!: but I would not think it will happen any too soon, as it would hurt sells on the NEW MODELS :!: :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bj

Post by bj »

i agree to a point with you gary, but if i bought a new exocet (maybe within the last month), and all of sudden my one month old bow is slightly obsolete, i think that the ability to upgrade it asap, would be a smart business thing to do...this makes more sense now, that most of the lineup will move to the "new riser"...

hey, just my two cents though...we'll see what happens...you're absolutely right Mike...the turbo exocet will be a good bow, but in my mind the phoenix will be the best of all worlds (305 fps, accurate as all get out, easy to cock....what more could you ask for ?????)

wayne...
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Quote bj in part "phoenix will be the best of all worlds (305 fps, accurate as all get out, easy to cock....what more could you ask for ?????) "

What more could you ask for :?: you sure trying to get me in trouble bj, let's see.... Female 5' 5" , ?? X 26 X ??, long black hair, uuuh shucks better stop here :!: :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
dw

Post by dw »

so much for the keep it simple theory :roll: . sure is getting confusing :!:
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I'm looking to upgrade my Vixen to a Phoenix as soon as possible. Bring on the new riser! I wonder what bolt weight they used to get the 305 fps. 325 grains or 350 grains. Any ideas?
bj

Post by bj »

hey gary, i'll bet you can get yourself into it on your own, without me helping ya' :wink: :wink: :wink:

- did you get your mail today yet ?...