New Excal. models?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Will the Phoenix limbs fit on my Vixen's riser...or does it have a whole new riser?

Vixen power stroke = 14"

Phoenix power stroke = 14"
bj

Post by bj »

350 will get you 305fps...350 is recommended, but split the difference between the recommended 350 on an exocet and the 325 on a vixen...think about it, and i'm betting you can get 310 +++...never mind, already did it... :wink:

Wayne...
rigbymi

New old Exocet

Post by rigbymi »

Yep,
I just got my new old Exocet last month. I can not help but feel a little bit disappointed, but I should not be because it really is a great bow and it is up to the task of taking any whitetail in my neck of the woods.
Riggs
bj

Re: New old Exocet

Post by bj »

rigbymi wrote:Yep,
I just got my new old Exocet last month. I can not help but feel a little bit disappointed, but I should not be because it really is a great bow and it is up to the task of taking any whitetail in my neck of the woods.
Riggs
yep i knew it :!:
bj

Post by bj »

ExcalBeliever wrote:Will the Phoenix limbs fit on my Vixen's riser...or does it have a whole new riser?

Vixen power stroke = 14"

Phoenix power stroke = 14"
...the limbs will be the same...different riser (same as the exomax...)

Wayne...
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Just like computers boys! As soon as you buy the latest and greatest model, out comes another one!

However, unlike a computer, the Excaliburs will not crash and burn after a few years of use. You gotta be real RICH to keep up with technology these days:wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Crunch

Post by Crunch »

Hey...Maybe there will be a big sale on the "older" models...hmm.
BUCKSHOT

Is there a trade off?

Post by BUCKSHOT »

It sounds like the phoenix will be a good bow for sure!
Compared to the Vixen. The angled riser on the Phoenix will be slightly lighter. than the straight riser on the Vixen. And it will also have a slightly more narrow limb spread when uncocked than the Vixen will!
At the same time you will have more speed than the Vixen, with the same power stroke as the Vixen!
Supposedly the Vixen will only be available in plain buck brown!
So when you go to a 3d shoot with a Phoenix you use a heavier bolt, big deal, guys already do that with the Exocet!
Question is, who the heck would bother to buy a Vixen?
Also to the guys who really rely on accuracy!
Would a competitor use one of these at the world's?
What is truly effected by the use of an angled riser?

BTW this upgrade idea is a good one!
The option would be to purchase the angled riser and limbs, as a package!
The only thing is that you would only be increasing your fps by the equivalent of the next bow in the line up as we now know it! i.e if you now own a Vixen and put the upgrade package on, you will have the equivalent of an Exocet. This is fine because the upgrade package will likely be cheaper than a whole new bow.
To me the ideal upgrade would be the option to purchase a different length rail! This would allow you to jump from a Vixen to an Emag!
Or if you buy the Phoenix with the upgraded rail you could go to the Exomax!
Basically it's a parts mix and match, there could be a ton of options!
FYI many of these reflections are the result of a lengthy conversation with an expert in this field! I just thought I would pass them on!
Enjoy the Harvest!
MiB

Post by MiB »

Hi All,
Does anyone know when the details of the new bows will be up on the Excalibur web site, I was just about to order a Exomax, but I might just hold off untill I have seen the new models.
Regards MiB
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

I sure would go for the upgrade! I see less of it hurting sales though. Most would sell their old crossbow to get the new one. So it still means someone isn't buying a new one... unless you are like GaryL and collect them like bottle caps! :wink: :lol:

As for myself, I won't take a hit on selling my Exomag and replacing it with a new Exomax, but I would certainly consider buying a max upgrade. Makes a nice affordable gift for an existing Excalibur owner! :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

bj wrote:hey gary, i'll bet you can get yourself into it on your own, without me helping ya' :wink: :wink: :wink:

- did you get your mail today yet ?...
Yep, nutten as yet..how about you :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Funny but I was a thinking along them lines back awhile ago :!: :wink:

Quote in part.."bj wrote:
-.....................what about the emag...it's already done in the form of the exomax...(bye bye exomag )...with these new breeds of bows, i now think it's time that the new riser and limb assembly was offered as an upgrade...what do you think ????..wayne... "

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ght=#56517
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

bj wrote:i agree to a point with you gary, but if i bought a new exocet (maybe within the last month), and all of sudden my one month old bow is slightly obsolete, i think that the ability to upgrade it asap, would be a smart business thing to do...this makes more sense now, that most of the lineup will move to the "new riser"...

wayne...
Well it is simply a marketing ploy to increase sales by deliberately creating a perception of obsolescence. Your older models aren't obsolete in the way your old computer won't get the job done any more. Bowhunters are, in general, a very gullible lot, who will spend lots of money on the gadgets & latest equipment to get a few more FPS, when the stuff they had was totally adequate. These new bows are interesting but, I'm quite happy with the exocet I have. I hunt gun season with a flintlock. I also ride a mule and run antique wood boats & motors. Maybe I'm the living "Anti-Tech" :o).
Greg
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

I for one am looking forward to all of the half price sales on this site of all the obsolete and one foot in the grave Exomags.
Riggs
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

What GaryL really needs is a nice custom painted stock for one of his harpoon launchers :wink:
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_17947.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/725352.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/01.jpg[/img][/url]