limb change

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huntin freak

limb change

Post by huntin freak »

So can I change the performance of my 5 year old+ exocet with the carved limbs by purchasing these newer exomax limbs??
huntin freak

ooops

Post by huntin freak »

I meant to be on the previous topic.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

The "EXOMAX" limbs are the same as the Magtip limbs which have been out for a few years.

The only increase in performance this gives you over carved limbs is the ability to use fastflite string instead of dacron, a gain of say 10-15fps.

What set the Exomax apart from the other bows until now was a unique riser which set the limbs at a more forward angle.

Mike
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

bstout wrote: You can be a poorer marksman with a flatter shooting bow. This means you don't have to practice as much with a heavier bow.

:? :? :?

Post by Guest »

bstout,

I didn't realize an instictive shooter 'memorized' trajectory....i thought it was more a sense of when it feels right.....kinda like a quarter back throwing a football....do you think these quarterbacks actually memorize the trajectory between a 20 yd throw and a 40 yd throw??????

As far as the rest of your comments, i couldn't agree with you LESS!
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

bstout,the difference in trajectory between your vixen and a exomax is only a few inches out to 30 yards according to Excal's own arrow performance chart. As for your vertical bow analogy I know that short fast ,high speed compounds are not easier to shoot ACCURATELY. They need lots of practice. Your form, release and follow thru have to be perfect every time to not get flyers. I just don't agree with or understand your comparison.

Al
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Yes I agree the limbs are the same size but I wouldn't say they are the same. When the limbs are made some are more perfect then others. The perfect limbs would go on the Exomax the less perfect limbs on the Exomag and so on down the line. Personally, I wouldn't take a set of limbs off my Vixen and put them on an Exomax. I probably could without a problem knowing how Excalibur builds things but why take the chance. I've been trying to figure out why if they decide to sell the new riser would they package it with new limbs as Buckshot has indicated then I remembered the manufacturing process.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I do not think so"The perfect limbs would go on the Exomax the less perfect limbs on the Exomag and so on down the line."

Excalibur would just not do that :!: :evil:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Post by Guest »

actually Shakky is right, it was explained at the open house that way.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Don't misunderstand me, this is not to be taken in a negative way at all. When I say less perfect I don't mean defective. The process probably works this way more as an overkill as opposed to neccesity.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I didn't realize an instictive shooter 'memorized' trajectory....i thought it was more a sense of when it feels right.....kinda like a quarter back throwing a football....do you think these quarterbacks actually memorize the trajectory between a 20 yd throw and a 40 yd throw??????
guest,
if the memory of the path the arrow (or football) is etched in the brain cells from prior experience I'd call it "memorizing", and if you shot a traditional bow or played football you'd know it is there in the memory if you are any good. I've passed countless shots with a trad bow because I knew an object was in the path of the arrow and made many that would have looked impossible to an inexperienced observer. Did I stand there at full draw and contemplate, "now at point A the arrow will be 24.2" above the line of sight, and at point B it will be...." NO, of course not! But my "memory" knew whether it was possible or not! Gee, could that be why they refer to it as "instinctive" shooting????? No sights, no fancy releases, nothing but hand-eye coordination, and a good (even if subconcious) memory!!!!
wabi
wabi

Post by wabi »

So can I change the performance of my 5 year old+ exocet with the carved limbs by purchasing these newer exomax limbs??
No, the limbs (as previously stated) are the same. BUT if you added the entire Exomax riser & limb assembly you'd have an Exocet 200. But Excal isn't selling the riser as an upgrade, so you need to buy an Exocet 200 (or a "Phoenix" if you have a Vixen to get the upgrade.
I, personally, am thinking of buying a new "Phoenix" and switching the stock & riser to my Exocet to have an Exocet 200 for hunting, and a Vixen (with my old Ecocet stock & riser) for targets. The stock has nothing to do with performance, but the "Phoenix" has the new colorfusion finish on both stock & limbs, and it would be necessary to switch to keep them matching.
wabi
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Shakky wrote:Don't misunderstand me, this is not to be taken in a negative way at all. When I say less perfect I don't mean defective. The process probably works this way more as an overkill as opposed to neccesity.
Understand that but :!: :!: less then perfect is defective, when I am told all Emag limbs are the same, then that should be what they mean, no differences....If that is a fact I am ready too SELL :!: :evil: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

ready to sell??

Gary L, you & I both know that we own the best bows in the business. Regardless of whether some limbs have slight imperfections or not, have you ever heard EVEN ONE GUY say that Excalibur never looked after a problem, ever?

I know I haven't.

I bet even if some guy put Vixen limbs on an Exomag and somehow had a problem it would get looked after no questions asked.

As long as we have crossbow hunting here and Excalibur keeps making them the way they make them, I will be shooting one.

Mike
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Red Label you had too see my :wink: :wink: :wink: Excalibur is the one fer me :twisted: Image I do think you may just be picking on me :shock: Image
Always learning!!
Home fer now!