Phoenix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Moreland

Phoenix

Post by Moreland »

So let me get this straigh, the new Excalibur Phoenix is the length of pull of the Vixen, the draw weight of the Exocet, the ExoMAX style riser and the Kolorfusion camo??? I gotta get me one of these!!! I think i've made my decision up. :lol:
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Don't blame you one bit :!:
kev

Post by kev »

I wonder if the Phoenix and suped up Exocet have different risers than the ExoMax. It would seem with the Exomax riser and the 14" power stroke of the Vixen you'd be less than a 25 lb. increase.

The Emax and Emag share the same rail/limbs and 16 1/2" power stroke the only differance is in the riser and it increases poundage 25lbs with a 16 1/2" stroke

It would seem you'd have to cant the limbs on the riser of the Phoenix and suped up Exocet more to make up for their shorter power strokes to add 25lbs. to their draw weights.

I could see the Max riser adding 17-18lbs. to a Vixen's 14" stroke and 22-23 to the 15 1/2" Exocet stroke.

Maybe someone familar with physics will chime in. :?:

Post by Guest »

now, excalibur needs to make a compact/youth bow with a 12" power stroke, smaller than a vixen, 120 lbs pull but with the speed of a current vixen. :)
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I'd like to see an over and under "double barreled" Excalibur :shock: . For those quick second shots :wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

kev wrote:I wonder if the Phoenix and suped up Exocet have different risers than the ExoMax. It would seem with the Exomax riser and the 14" power stroke of the Vixen you'd be less than a 25 lb. increase.

The Emax and Emag share the same rail/limbs and 16 1/2" power stroke the only differance is in the riser and it increases poundage 25lbs with a 16 1/2" stroke

It would seem you'd have to cant the limbs on the riser of the Phoenix and suped up Exocet more to make up for their shorter power strokes to add 25lbs. to their draw weights.
I'm sure they all have the same riser. It would be nonsense from a mass-manufacturing perspective to have different risers.

re: the physics -
Maybe the Vixen and Exocet didn't gain quite 25#, but it is close enough from a marketing perspective to call it that. I agreee with you that if the Exomag gains 25# with the new riser, the other bows won't gain quite that much.

BUT If memory serves, Bill T posted on here a long time ago that the Exomag isn't quite an actual 200# bow, but it is called that for marketing reasons. So if the Exomax IS 225#, the riser gained it more than 25#. And just maybe the Vixen or Exocet gained an exact 25#.

Too analytical for me... :wink: I'm sure the new bows are great regardless of what they actually draw at.
kev

Post by kev »

Thank's Red Label. I'm sure your correct they just round the lb. up or down. I'll probably add a standard brown Vixen in January and bolt the max riser assembly to it to see how she shoots. I've never tried the Max riser on my Exocet.

90% of my hunting is with my Exocet, I've taken a few deer with the Emag and Maxpoint also. I can cock everthing BUT the Emax by hand if I forget the rope cocker. Also I find the old riser simple to unstring by hand. The Max riser I use a striging aid. I'm sure cocking a beefed up Vixen by hand if I forget the rope will be possible.

So in a way I'll gain a short Exocet and another Emag if I buy a standard Vixen and be able to go back to a max in a few minutes time. I doubt anything will replace my Exocet from being my favorite hunting bow though.