Post by STEELWORKER »

thanx again tac...thats my favorite picture yet, keep clickin away!! :wink:
bushmaster

pic

Post by bushmaster »

Great shot, TAC !!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Very nice again tac youshould take up photography in your spare time im sure you could make money at it if thats what you want or just the love of doing it just like hunting.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

With such great pictures of an incredible buck you may want to apply some copyright info onto the pics. I don't know the laws but it may be that someone could "steal" your pics and profit form them. Take the pics for fun but don't let someone else make a buck off of your buck :wink: .
TAC

Post by TAC »

The money that is paid by magazines isn't all that much. Images on the 'Net are copyrights but there's no reason why someone couldn't lift the images and attempt to do so. I have seen it happen but sooner or later someone recognizes the pic and knows that the person is not the original author. With the speed of the 'Net, it doesn't take long for word to get out about such a person too. Magazines try to do their best to ensure that the images are originals too.

The images online are low-rez though and a magazine is going to want high-rez full size files.

Thanks again to everyone for the compliments!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

TAC : Just got in the door .... the traffic was So So ... I will get my film developed tomorrow and post some pictures then . I shot 4 rolls of film ... bound to get a good one out of that bunch . Too bad I didn't see the buck but I will be back in that neck of the woods in a couple of weeks with my wife and daughter for some sight seeing .... maybe I'll get lucky then !

Thanks again for the hospitality ! Man -38 C is cold !!!! :shock: :lol:

BTW , awsome moonlight picture !!!
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
TAC

Post by TAC »

I didn't even notice you left that whole bag of corn! You didn't have to do that! But it'll keep the deer fed for a few days, so thanks.

He didn't make an appearance after you left, although the power went out again, but the anterless buck from the morning showed up soon after dark.

At least you got to see where I was taking the pics so that you can verify that I really did take them!

Too bad you didn't see it but thanks for taking me hunting on Saturday. Guess it worked out even---I didn't see any down there and you didn't see this guy here! ;)

Todd
Isis

Dinner by moonlight

Post by Isis »

Removed
Last edited by Isis on Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

THAT PICTURE SHOULD BE ON CHRISTMAS CARDS....ID BUY THEM!! 8)
TAC

Post by TAC »

While I like the athestics of the altered shot, and no offense, but I'd rather not have an altered shot of mine posted on the 'Net.

The reason for this is due to the fact that I get paid to take night sky photos for magazines (not referring to this buck shot), edit other people's images myself and this image is a fake photo. Adding the Moon to the image makes this art, not photography, IMO. The Moon already is illuminating the shot as it is (note the shadows). I don't know yet if my editor will be using the night buck shot in the next issue or not either.

My original is a little bit lighter but my ISP darkened it a bit (compression issues).

I don't want someone to recognize my name and notice that this is a fake image, thus affecting my reputation. Again, no offense, but I'd like to see that altered image removed.

Thanks,

Todd