Do the deer move differently during the extreme cold?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I can relate to that bitter cold. After spending 13 months in Korea you all can have that kind of cold. It's all I can do right now to keep my fingers. Takes longer and longer to get them thawed after a hunt when it's bitter. I almost wasn't able to get the shot on the buck yesterday because of the gloves. Iwas watching him come down the trail and at the same time pulling at my right hand glove with the left , finily what the Hell , yanked it off and fired. Tempure rose at that point.

.I found a glove called "180" anyone heard of them? you use your breath to worm the glove through a vent hole on the back hand side. I also slip a pair of gortex early season gloves down inside them and so far my hands have been good in -13.
. Woundering if any of you have a glove that will lend it's self to bow hunting and keep my fingers safe.
TAC

Post by TAC »

Find a pair of The North Face Pamir Windstopper gloves. They are quite thin, have articulated rubber grips on the ends of the thumbs and finders yet are very warm.

They are about $65 Canadian and can be found at higher-end winter clothing places (ski shops, outdoor stores, etc).