Black Powder Hunting Help!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

underdog

Black Powder Hunting Help!!!!!

Post by underdog »

Completely off Crossbow Hunting Topic does anyone know a book or a internet site to go to to learn the art of blackpowder.I purchased a gun today along with powder cubes and bullets and primers and cleaning kit, other than that i am lost in what to do.. I am not sure about how to properly load it and how you know when to stop seating the bullet.I do not know if i am missing some essential tools. Can anybody Help!!!
Thanks
George
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I've got one written by Sam Fadela, I think it is called The Black Powder Handbook. It has everything one needs to know to get started. I got the book thinking I would get into blackpowder but got an Excalibur first.
wabi

Post by wabi »

As chris4570 suggests, the book by Sam Fadala "The Complete Black Powder Handbook" would be an excellent starting point. Just go to Amazon.com and do a search for the author or title to find it. I have a copy, and it has some good information. It would be hard to get enough information online, as a picture is worth a thousand words in many cases :lol: But be certain you understand the basics before trying a muzzleloader! They are simple, fun, and easy to use, but a mistake such as not seating the bullet against the powder can be very hazardous!!!!!
I've been shooting blackpowder since the early 1970's, but wouldn't begin to try to explain it online. As I said it's simple, fun, and easy...... BUT a mistake can be hazardous!!!!!!!!! Don't let the possibility of an accident scare you off, but know the basics BEFORE you try to load and fire a muzzleloader!!!!!!!
wabi
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

WABIS right its fun and exciting.....Its all in what your use to--get familiar with your gear 1st and youll be fine--take alll safety percautions and be careful underdog! talk to your local sports shop they can give you some advice....any question is a good one...no such thing as a stupid questions when it comes to something lethal... :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
underdog

Blackpowder Help

Post by underdog »

Thanks
Iwill get a book, there is a chapters in kw close to where i live.
thanks
George
bigmac

Post by bigmac »

Here is a good forum to get more information. Thye have a traditional and inline forum for black powder. I have found it very helpful.

www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpnuke/index.php

Mac
oneshot 1

Post by oneshot 1 »

Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

I have Sam's book too. It'll cover everything you ever wanted to know and more. What kind of muzzleloader did you buy?
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.