They're just teasing me now...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jay73

They're just teasing me now...

Post by jay73 »

I went out hunting Sunday afternoon. Still waiting for my first by the way, and times runnin out, fast. Pretty chilly. I sat in my stand till quitting time, nothing in sight but a lone grouse. Which we all know are tasty...but I had to pass.

I got back to my truck, got changed(froze my a$$ off) and left to pick my buddy up at work(2 mins. away). I think I got about 10 seconds away and this nice little 6 comes trotting out in front of me crossing the road. The son of a gun was less than 100 yards from my stand. :shock: I just sat there with that gaping jaw...you probably know the one.

Anyways I thought I'd share that.

Jay
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

THE WAY MY SEASON WENT.....i know the feeling bud :wink:

Post by Guest »

:D :D Jay ....the joys of deer hunting...i've seen that many times...sat in my stand for hours...leave to go home & have a nice big racked buck run in front of my vehicle on the way out!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)

PS: where abouts in Brampton are you.....Bramalea & Dixie for me!
shootone

Post by shootone »

Mike & Jay:
Hi Guys,
Heres one for ya, a friend of mine works out near the airport. Yesterday he saw a very large buck on airport land. He said it looked close to 275 at least !! Maybe the airport authority needs some help with the clearing of the runways.. LOL.
Shootone.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I hunted till noon one day in a thicket designed for big bucks. I saw them there and had killed a few there a year ago---well I leave after hunting hard for days go back to the truck and as Im unloading my self from equipment I look up and runnin right down the middle of the road is a big racked bruiser...Im walkin around watchin him get closer and closer openin doors makin noise and here he comes within 60 yds then -----------------------------------------the brakes come on like he smelled a doe and he shoots of the road down a trail...he never even looked my way...I was out in the open makin noise moving around ect..

go figure.......I went to pullin hair and lookin for a tree to hang my stand... :lol: :lol:

what a day....
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Ya, that's the way it goes sometimes I guess. :D Just a little dissappointing this late in the season.

Brampton Mike, I'm by the beer store on McKay St. We're not too far apart.

Jay