Vixing question for My Vixen...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ExcalBeliever

Vixing question for My Vixen...

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Well I ordered a new set of Mag Tip limbs, FFF string, and bow stringer from the Archer's Nook for my "older" style/curved limb tipped Vixen.

Previous specs read like this:

336 grain 18" XX78 2213 with aluminum insert up front, aluminum uni-bushing insert in back, 3 - 5" vanes, 85 gr. Thunderhead BH.

Velocity = 275 fps.

I have since re-fletched the arrows with 3 - 5" feathers, arrow weight dropped down to 315 grains, BUT I added (1) brass weight to bump the arrow weight up to 326 grains. My F.O.C. is 12.6%.

What kind of velocity can I expect with the new limbs and FFF string?

Any existing Viven owners with Mag Tipped limbs?

Thanks. Learning more every time I read the forum!!
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

I have a ProChrono Pal Chronograph, just waiting on the limbs and string to arrive.

More curious on some of the Vixen owners here that have the mag-tip limbs and their experiences.

It still amazes me the accuracy of my Vixen! I shot a compound bow for years and I wasn't too bad, but I never dreamed of being able to shoot 2" groups at 40 yards.

Now I know I'll probably not take a shot on our cagey deer at more than 30 yards, but at least I'll know where the arrow will be headed...through both lungs!!

thanks.
PRB

Post by PRB »

I never was real good at filling out the correct information for this link, but I hope it will help you. http://home.att.net/~sajackson/ke.html
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Got that one right, my vixen is #1 for my 3-D shooting..
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

I have to Thank Jim C for my Vixen...now I hope he isn't too upset at me for me switching the limbs!! :wink: :wink:

I do know that he won some major tounament with this crossbow and I can see how...Number one he probably has the discipline to concentrate on each and every shot. AND number two, it sure doesn't hurt to have a Vixen that is smooth as SILK 8) 8)

Also....I think I'm gonna get one of Mark's Laminated stocks for my VIxen....his craftsmanship is impeccable!
Evan

Post by Evan »

The first time I shot two arrows at the same target with my Vixen Light at the local range I Robin Hooded the arrows. The accuracy of my Vixen is impressive ... but the trigger was worked on by Dan Miller.