EXCAL #2 NEED HELP

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Butt

EXCAL #2 NEED HELP

Post by Butt »

Hi guys and gals, in the market to buy another Excalibur. Already have a Vixen, smooth shooting machine. Shot my first 3 spot target last night shot a 293 out of 300. Eleven 10x's, 10 rings and seven 9 rings, not bad for the first night. Anyways like I was saying I've heard that there is a whole new line of Excals and can't decide which one to get. Really wanted the Exomag but have heard that they are going to discontinue that bow. :cry: Now there will be a Vixen in deerhide brown, Phoenix, Exocet 200, and an Exomax. I hunt deer mostly but am considering a moose hunt, kind of steering towards the Exomax. Like Axis quote, " hit'em hard and hit'em fast" :twisted:

Good shoot'in Butt 8)
kev

Post by kev »

Butt. I put my ExoMax riser assembly on a Vixen I purchased last week from Dan Miller. It shoots nice and I like cocking the shorter draw bow.
Still I don't think it will replace my Exocet though.

My hunting partner just ordered his first Excalibur. He ordered a hardwoods EMag. He tried stringing my EMax risered Vixen and could'nt do it by hand, he had a hard enough time stringing the old style riser EMag, but could do it. He could cock the EMag with cotton gloves though. I told him with a new FF string he might have to adjust (twist) the string a couple of times till it streches. He wants something that does'nt require a stringing aid or rope cocker if he were to forget them or loose'm on a hunt.

I think Excalibur would be making a mistake if they do away with the standard riser models like the 175 Exocet and 200 EMag. Like my friend said He want's it as simple as he can with no extra gadgets to forget.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

I like all Excal's :) ..it would be nice to see the line up from #150lbs-175-200-225lbs..this way everyone has a choice in whice bow would suite their needs..just my .02 cents..
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
axis

Hit

Post by axis »

Butt, You know what you need........... That right,the Exomax. Hit'em hard and hit'em fast. Good luck. :wink:

Axis 8)