Grey Owl, leaving..... forever.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PRB

Post by PRB »

Stick around. Its like a soap opera around here...ya gotta see whats going to happen next.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

The experience you have had will make you a better member, stay on.

Tar Heel
axis

That's right......

Post by axis »

Pineyriverbuck wrote:Stick around. Its like a soap opera around here...ya gotta see whats going to happen next.

That's right..............you got to love it!!!! :lol:

Axis 8)
Duey

Post by Duey »

Grey Owl, Stick around........ I have respect for someone who calls it like they see it and stand's up for what they believe in.

Duey
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

Gray Owl, no matter what you do, you have my respect, follow your heart, and may the blessing be. :D Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hook Line and sinker isn’t that how you put it..well Im biting on this... reluctant? yes... and I hope you are sincere when you said sorry to me. I except your apology..days ago I would have never given you time of day, and if I would have been able to put my hands on you for calling me a thief it would not have been pretty, however I thru the compassion and thoughtfulness of this board have searched my soul and have decided that people are good at heart. possibly even you. That mankind isn’t all bad. I do believe you lashed out at me for revenge of the polar bear story I wrote. I think you found an opportunity to strike and was attempting to hit a nerve with me like I did you with that tasteless, unthoughtful, parallel to what you had writing..as you said when you told me it offended you. I checked myself and realized that was very possible. You Greyowl were compassionate towards the polar bear and I failed to see that--- what a mistake I made..If the apology then was not good enough or seemed less than real I now apologize again lets bury the hatchet..

I find it unnecessary for you to leave--you bring to the board a mix that this board needs..I know you did not get the support you were wanting and maybe even turned some against you when you bashed me more than once...I ask those who were offended to try to understand that its very possible that it started with the polarbear story I wrote..I did it for humor but it was received as ridicule..never the less I feel responsible for Greyowls anger towards me.If I had never roughed his feathers I don’t believe we would have ever been through this..Greyowl I just ask one thing that my Dad always told me--that I still don’t have a grasp on..stop think before saying..

respectfully submitted-----> Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Rickster

Hey Grey Owl, Hoss, thought I'd give my 2 cents worth...

Post by Rickster »

Hey guys, myself I rarely respond on this site (true reason, I was really hoping to get a deer in my first season with an xbow, but no cigar, so I feel a bit embarassed!).. However, I had to say something here- two obviously passionate hunters who have diifferent perspectives are clashing and I know if you guys step back and just chill, you can avoid this.
I personally don't normally donate much, except at church, I was taken advantage of a few years ago, and I like to know the person very well if I make an exception. Yes I'm a bit paranoid, but that's me.

I have learned tons this Fall, from Hoss, Gray Owl, Red Label,Woody W., Wabi, TAC etc, etc, and it would be great if we keep educating and sharing stories- it is valuable. Even if we are mostly located in Eastern Canada/Midwest US you never know where your travels will take you- hunting parties are hard to set up (I find) so if we know someone somewhere else, that is an awesome lead for us to follow. I actually have a fair number of relatives in Michigan, Georgia, and Washington DC, I tell you it is a blast hunting in different regions.....
Anyway I will close with this, try to be open minded guys, we are so lucky to live in democratic, 1st world, we don't even know it.......
Take it easy, Gray Owl, stay put we need more Western Representation, and to our Southern brothers, keep smiling and good hunting in the New Year,
Rickster
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Grey Owl,

I like the fact that you don't feel the need to jump on the bandwagon and agree with what everyone else thinks. There's never one side to any story! Due to my recent attempt to sell my boat and have someone try to rip me off, I am also reluctant to donate to a stranger for what may very well be a legitimate cause. You never know. And often a bad experience leaves us to doubt those who are in need.

I hope you will reconsider. Sincerely chris4570.
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

Grey Owl : Leo in GA wrote ...
I choose to be very selective in my reading, and more so in my participation, instead of dropping the forum altogether.
This sounds like the best advise to me !

It ain't the forum it use to be awhile ago that is for sure ..... don't let it get you down ! We have all kinds of characters on here ..... read and enjoy the informative / interesting / educational stuff and filter the rest !

Trust me .... we all will never see eye to eye on all issues .

As for apologizing to us about the buffalo hunt .... no need to apologize ! Stuff happens .... our whole Sask . whitetail hunt went out the window as well , we were bummed out but didn't let it get in the way of hunting even harder here at home and we had a blast while we were at it !!

Take a break ? yes ( I've done that in the past myself ) Leave ? I don't think thats a good idea ..... I mean who is going to give us those " out west " scouting reports !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best to ya. in 2005 what ever you decide !

See Ya. R.J.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

RJ not logged in wrote:Grey Owl : Leo in GA wrote ...
I choose to be very selective in my reading, and more so in my participation, instead of dropping the forum altogether.
This sounds like the best advise to me !

It ain't the forum it use to be awhile ago that is for sure ..... .
Back then we only a had a couple hundred members at most. We now have 945 members.

With that many people on board there is bound to be more disagreements and toes stepped on a time or two.

Most times we shrug it off and keep on keeping on..

If anyone puts forth a controversial opinion they should have thick skin firtst and foremost..

We sometimes fight, but I still consider us family..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

Woody wrote :
Back then we only a had a couple hundred members at most. We now have 945 members.

With that many people on board there is bound to be more disagreements and toes stepped on a time or two.
Good point ! .... I wasn't thinking about how the numbers have grown ....

Woody wrote :

If anyone puts forth a controversial opinion they should have thick skin first and foremost .
Good advise as well !! .... but it is hard to bite your tongue sometimes !!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Grey Owl,

I suggest a brief hiatus for you....I took one a while back too.

Things are a little crappy this time of year because hunting season is drawing to a close and everyone is a little bummed out.

Check back in a few months and you will have a whole different perspective. In the meantime feel free to PM me if you want to shoot the breeze.

Cheers,

Mikey Vee
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

RJ not logged in wrote:Woody wrote :

Good point ! .... I wasn't thinking about how the numbers have grown ....

Woody wrote :

If anyone puts forth a controversial opinion they should have thick skin first and foremost .
Good advise as well !! .... but it is hard to bite your tongue sometimes !!
That "hard to bite your tongue" goes both ways too..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

Come On Grey owl

Post by Guest »

Hey Gey Owl!
I saw your post this morning and then went through the rest of the Jack Post that I had not read!
Yep! I have to agree in some respect with what you said, I also believe that what Hoss is doing is a genuine, good hearted thing!
Quite a few of us have beeen here for quite a while and have shared in a lot of controversial topics!
I personally recall the polar bear thing, and also recall stating that I would do basically whatever was required to survive! It wasn't that I disagreed entirely with what you were saying but more to the point that I saw the situation in a different light!
There was quite a bit of controversy in that post if I recall, the point is that we do all have different opinions and we should be man enough to appreciate another point of view!
It would be good to see you stay on the forum actively, if you decide to stay away then, I wish you the very best!
Don't forget the truly important reasons why you are here though!
Are you/we here for a social club or to enhance our knowledge of the out doors the equipment we choose to use?
Shoot Straight and Be Happy Man!
BUCKSHOT

Above was me!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Sorry the above post came through as Guest! :oops:
I couldn't even edit it the way I like!
Sorry Grey Owl
I have not Been hiding behind the guest thing either!
Point is stay aboard! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!