Grey Owl, leaving..... forever.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREY OWL

Grey Owl, leaving..... forever.

Post by GREY OWL »

Its Jan. 1, 2005 a whole new year ahead, after some serious soul searching, I've decided to leave this forum.

I went for coffee to Tim Horton's tonight with my wife, and we both decided my time was up. When I first came to this forum, it was like I died and gone to heaven, I was truly addicted, you guys know what I mean. I found a place where I could link onto, tell a few stories, hear a few stories, learn a great deal of wealth about Excalibur Xbows, and share experiences and opinions. I also had some very sincere laughs, with a great bunch of guys.

I felt a little alienated being from Western Canada, against such a strong and close knit group from Ontario. You guys are so very lucky to live so close to one another, for hunts, 3D shoots, and whatever.

After butting heads with Hoss these last couple days, I just said to myself, "Its just not worth it". HOSS what I came to realize is that you and I are just two different people, with two different ideologies, and ways of thinking. I truly hope your buddy Jack gets his Xbow, for I know these fellows will come through for you. Wish Jack and his family all the best in 2005. Sorry bud!!!! and any one else I've offended.

Before I go, I would just like to thank 4 special people whom I admire greatly. Red Label, Lonewolf, bj, and R.J., sorry guys the buffalo hunt/ deer hunt didn't pan out,....... damn I tried. There is a slight possibilty I may still get 6 of my own, just a few hurdles to cross. The invitation is still there for this fall for a deer hunt, Red Label has my phone number.

Take care and God Bless

Grey Owl
fletch

Post by fletch »

Your decision is your's but I really hope you reconsider just for the fact that during my short membership here that I have taken everyone's postings into consideration even though I didn't agree with them all. Don't feel alienated our group needs to expand and include all of us who share the same desire and enjoyment. Please reconsider, being a newbi I need different opinons ,styles, and ethics to consider. Don't disassociate because of one incident, I believe you are stronger than that Grey Owl. Enough said.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

C'mon GREY OWL..

I've had my head butting with Hoss and a few others on here too, but no one should leave because of the tiffs.

Heck, all families "fight" once in awhile.

I enjoy reading your posts on here and I hope I can continue reading them..

So stick around...please.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I hope you reconsider Grey Owl... and stay with the forum,,,

But if you do choose to leave,, All the Best to you and your family,,, :D :wink:

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

The above comment does not sound right,,, Correction All the best to you and your family If you Stay or go ,,, :wink:
Thats better
:shock:
Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
axis

You can't

Post by axis »

Grey Owl, you can't go........This is like family. You know you will be in the back ground reading this stuff. You say what you got to say and, the other guy is going to say what he's got to say. That is the way of the FORUM. That how it go's........So what. Don't take life to cereus. You'll never get out of it alive. You wont be the first to get your feelings hurt on this form & you wont be the last. SO PLEASE STICK AROUND........ :wink:

Aloha, Axis :)
huntman

Post by huntman »

Grey Owl i haven't been around the forum for that long but i can tell the members that write with passion for this sport and u are one of them. I understood your position on the Hoss situation and like i've said in that thread i wouldn't have brought something like that into the forum. But in reality we can't stop anyone from speaking their mind. I would be sorry to see you go and hope you will come to realize that this is where you belong!
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Grey Owl

I'm really not sure exactly what post you are talking about as I read very few of the post anymore.
I have been a member of this forum for a while and I can remember when most of our fighting was with the anti-crossbow crowd and not with/between regular members.
As I don't enjoy most of the post any longer I choose to be very selective in my reading, and more so in my participation, instead of dropping the forum altogether.
Good luck, I hope you do whats best for you and your family, :D

leo
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Woody Williams wrote:C'mon GREY OWL..

I've had my head butting with Hoss and a few others on here too, but no one should leave because of the tiffs.

Heck, all families "fight" once in awhile.

I enjoy reading your posts on here and I hope I can continue reading them..

So stick around...please.
"DITTO" GREY OWL if you will go back a bout a month and a half (Trapping Thread) I stated the same...Thanks to all on the forum and a little SOUL searching of my own as you see I am still here!!! :shock:

I have butted heads with a few members and in the end we come out a little wiser and a better person from are experience's.

STICK AROUND :!: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Grey Owl, I know how you feel. I am fairly opinionated myself and have had my fair share of rebutals that left me feeling alienated. One in particular stands out in my mind and I was ready to "hang it up". I was told in a PM to go to the french forum and F off, etc. However, I have come to expect a little mud in my face if I sling it. I fully understand your position with the Hoss $ thing. I have refrained from commenting on it because I have mixed feelings on this issue. I feel for the Jack dude because I too have a handicapped child and the road can get pretty rough. ( ...yet I wouldn't want someone to come on here to ask for $ for me either.)

Hang in there buddy. I enjoy your posts! Those ill feelings will fade and the joy will return. :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
nontypikll

Post by nontypikll »

Grey Owl like I said in my post I admire and have respect for a person that has the gonads to openly share his opinion out in the open and not hide behind guest. I also have enjoyed your threads and postings. At times we will come across people that have a differenceof opinions than we do and we will butt heads but after points or opinions have been expressed we need to let it rest and go on. The best solution in my opinion is agree to disagree. There are some on here that hide behind guest to verbalise their opinion, to me wether they are long term standing members or newbies it does'nt matter if they dont have the parts to give their opinion under their assume handle like woody mentioned in his post then it's not worth responding and put them on mute. Grey Owl I wish you would re-consider and not let a difference of opinion make you arrive to this decision.

Dan
Save our Heritage introduce a child to the outdoors.
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

Grey Owl,

I agree with all the other replies. Stick around man, there are way more pros than cons to this forum.

I trully hope you reconsider.
enjoy the woods
Doug
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Grey Owl, I wish you would stay but it's your call. I feel I have to point something out here. People are entitled to their opinions but I'm not sure they should be calling people theives or suckers. I think you could have made your point in a more diplimatic way and avoided this entire problem.
Your "Hook Line and Sinker" comment is going to insult anyone who had donated money. I truly don't believe you got the responce you did because of your opinion but rather the tone of the post. Please stick around it seems we may have lost TAC as I've notice he hasn't posted in awhile I'd hate to see us loose another regular.

Thespian

Post by Guest »

Take it easy on the melodramatics. :roll:
Spring

Post by Spring »

I guess I've got about three points.

First. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Not sure I care.

Second. Seems the average "life" of someone on a forum of this nature is about 18 months. Generally, and for various reasons they move on after that. Anyone seen 10Ring? He used to be a regular poster. Gray Owl. Perhaps your time has come.

Third. I've read alot of what you've written Gray Owl. Its been worth reading. The quality and informative nature of alot of these posts is why I have stayed longer than most.

I guess if I had any advice it would be this. Whether here or elsewhere, suck it up!

Cheers!