Hunting blinds and ice fishing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gerard Dick

Post by Gerard Dick »

Put 1 or 2 anchors into the ice before you set up your blind. Then, having already fastened pieces of stout cord to the corners while you were at home and warm, slip a loop over the anchor(s) as soon as the blind is set up. :) That way you don't need help holding on to your kite while you fasten it down. :shock:
we get too soon old and too late smart
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Just a few comments. Bstout you mention not to use a propane heater in the ice shack. I believe any propane heater is likely good, but.......... it must be working properly and most important, always have a window or opening in the shack or building to let fresh air in. If you do that you should be O.K. I've got an old 17 ft. camper trailer out at our property, in the late fall thy ole heater's just cranked to the max. Any internal leak in the system, and you've got yourself a widow maker!!

And besides I kinda like that idea you Ontario guys have with the cabin on the ice, hotel Hilton.

Grey Owl
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

bstout: I've also got a kerosene heater, for back up for those bone chilling nights.

Grey Owl
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

bstout I also have the moonlighter nice little heater, I also use the small buddy heater with co detector. I want the new buddy heater with the fan.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

Adrian, I may be interested in one of those blinds if you get any.
enjoy the woods
Doug
NH Crossbow

Ameristep BrickHouse TCS Mossy Oak camo

Post by NH Crossbow »

Hey Fellow Hunters
I was just at Wal-Mart last night and picked up the Ameristep BrickHouse TCS in Mossy Oak for $49.00 US . I saw these in Oct for $123.00 . I know a lot of local venders are ticked off on the price . My understanding is that Wal-mart is not going to carry them any more . Cabelas has them for $179.00 . I hope some of you can cash in on these deals.
NH Crossbow

Post by NH Crossbow »

Hey Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck . My buddy and I opened ours and all was fine . You have a little different design then what I bought (But the way I look at it) . Its a hunting tool and for the amount of money I spent for it I can't even buy the fabric fot that price .
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I got the OUTHOUSE blind at k-mart fer 19.95 last week..it's not bad and has enough room fer me. :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

Gary, does the "outhouse" have enough room to comfortably move the crossbow around?

Thanks
enjoy the woods
Doug
Armadias

Post by Armadias »

Hey Adrian;
I would be interested in a blind also.
Send me a PM if you have any spares.
Bob