New Broadhead? Ever seen these? I'm stoked....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Zeke

New Broadhead? Ever seen these? I'm stoked....

Post by Zeke »

I was looking at the broadhead tests pages. One of the tested fixed blade designs is one by the American Broadhead company called the "Sonic" - I went to their website - they have two designs

The Sonic 3-blade - With 7/8" cut diameter in 75gr and 100gr... And a 1" dia. in 85 and 125gr.

The Liberty 3-blade - Available in 100 or 125gr with a 1 3/16" cut :shock:

They are both "cut on contact" designs and the blades are .036" thick which puts them right there with Slick Tricks.

I'm REAL excited about these - I'd classify them as Slick Tricks for folks who want a cut-on-contact head... READ THIS from their website:

"Many broadhead manufacturers claim that their products "group like field points". This is a true statement in terms of the diameter of the impact points. It is misleading however, in that they leave out the fact that it is not grouped in the same place as the field point tipped arrows.

Our "Zero Plane Technology" blade system was specifically engineered to allow our Sonic Heads to hit the exact same hole as a field point. In order to statistically prove this, we test our heads in the following manner:

Tests are performed on an indoor range at 20 yards. The bow is held by a spot hog hooter shooter machine. The bow is tuned and set up to shoot an arrow faster than 300 feet per second.

One arrow is shot with a field point of a standard grain size. This gives one reference hole in the target. Twenty consecutive shots are taken at this same target using Sonic Heads of the same standard grain size.

The target is then removed and the diameter is measured and compared with the arrow shaft diameter size. In all of our tests the Sonic Heads have hit the same hole as the field point tipped arrow. The resulting hole in the target is only a few thousandths of an inch larger than the hole made by the first arrow.

THESE RESULTS ARE TYPICAL. We and others have repeated this test many times. As a result of this extreme accuracy, archers can shoot with confidence at significantly increased ranges."

Here's a link if interested - http://www.americanbroadhead.com/index.html

These really sound phenominal - but, like anything - I gotta try a set in "real world" shooting situations. I'm NOT fond of the "archers can shoot at increased ranges" part.

Anyone tried 'em yet????
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

It would be nice to see pics of them instead of drawings?
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

I tried to order some of them back in Sept. I found two websites that offered them, but they ended up cancelling my order, because the manufacturer could not supply them on time. I waited four weeks and there was no delivery. Have you checked on supply? I would love to try them, but am leary of their ability to meet demand.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I've seen them just yesterday at Bass Pro Shops. The ones I saw look very small and very compact, so I assume that they were the Sonics. I wonder how good a blood trail they'd leave.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

No name on the package ComfyBear :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

wildwindom wrote:It would be nice to see pics of them instead of drawings?
Yeah - I know... although the main page has one sort of set as the background.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

wildwindom wrote:It would be nice to see pics of them instead of drawings?
Here's a link to a PDF of their ad - has a pic in the lower left corner

http://www.americanbroadhead.com/images/20shots.pdf
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Newbi wrote:I tried to order some of them back in Sept. I found two websites that offered them, but they ended up cancelling my order, because the manufacturer could not supply them on time. I waited four weeks and there was no delivery. Have you checked on supply? I would love to try them, but am leary of their ability to meet demand.
I see that too - they've got a note about it on the website - from September as well.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Thanks zeke thats not bad but i still would like to hear from some people that have used them cause i really like my slick tricks it will take an awfull lot to get me to try something else just my .02 cents worth.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

I disagree with their "take longer shots" hype as well - that should come with practice/experience - not with a new head.

The blade angle is steep, but doesn't look too far off some models from other makers.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

They had some full-size, screen filling, high resolution photos of the broadheads on the site like TWO days ago - now they're GONE! :evil: :evil:

I emailed them to see if they were planning to re-post them and will let y'all know what they say.

... and yes, I know, "We're sticking with our Slick Tricks" :wink: :wink: :lol:
bj

Post by bj »

Newbi wrote:I tried to order some of them back in Sept. I found two websites that offered them, but they ended up cancelling my order, because the manufacturer could not supply them on time. I waited four weeks and there was no delivery. Have you checked on supply? I would love to try them, but am leary of their ability to meet demand.
sound familiar ????????????????...
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

They say that good things come to those that wait. However sometimes and with somethings, one might as well be "Waiting For Godot"
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I'll take the 4 blade slick trick anyday over those those 3 blade heads. All it take is to see the whole a slick trick makes to be there customer for life!
Deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!