ExcalBeliever

Stumbled across this last night....

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Check out The Lion Hunt...

also has a couple of crossbow hunts.

http://rolltidebama.com/video.htm
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

The guy shooting the decoy 3 times is great! The lion one was kind of exciting as well! Good stuff. :)
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Yeah,

I was actually searching for an Outdoor Life Magazine article from the early 1970's. My Dad got me a subscription to Outdoor Life Magazine in 1970, for nearly 12 years I read each and every one cover to cover.

Some of you may remember OL's shooting editor Jim Carmichel.

Anyways, there was an article where Jim Carmichel was hunting over in Africa. He actually shot a Big Male Lion with a crossbow,

I remember his quote, "....at the shot, the bolt took the lion thru the front left leg, as the lion ran off, the broadhead slicing his lung to shreds..." or something to that effect!!

Anyways, I'll never forget the picture of that lion with the arrow buried to its fletching in that lions front shoulder/leg.

I'm gonna try a see if the library has any back issues, if anyone knows or finds out anything let me know.

I think the article was from the early 70's like 1973 or 1974.
BUCKSHOT

Four against One

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Really something to be proud of!
That guy should have had more back-up, or maybe they should have given that bad boy some time to expire!
However that guy was really damn lucky!
Enjoy the Harvest!
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

thanks for the link....cool videos.-----STEEL
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

That's cool alright. Not sure what was more dangerous, the lion or getting shot from your buddies accidentally. None the less, I ain't going for lions in the near future.

Grey Owl
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

the guy shooting the decoy is hilarious, this fall i saw a decoy and prayed it would come within bow range, after a motionless hour, i figured it out
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I guess the outfitter could do his job of putting the client into contact with the lion. They're all crappy shots, though, client, guide, and back up.

They say that in some European countries the hunter has to pass a hunting proficiency test before getting a hunting licence. This includes a marksmanship test.

It would seem that there ought to be a similar test for outfitters, at least where dangerous game is concerned.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

The lion video was on here about a year ago I think. I'm surprised they didn't shoot each other. Looks to me like they came very close. I would love to know what calibre rifle the shooter was using. Is he a bad shot or under gunned? They sure don't seem to know what thery are doing from the beginning of the video to the end. Lucky someone didn't get killed.
chessy

Post by chessy »

did any of you guys watch the turkey ones .... the one guy is waring a amreican flag patch on his shoulder ... red white and blue . not something i would ware in the woods turkey hunting