Ordering today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

curmudgeon

Ordering today

Post by curmudgeon »

:D From Wayne @ Archery "Plus".
I believe this forum has changed my hunting life. Ready to recieve my first Xbow, excalibur of course, looking forward to owning the vixen, mainly due to this web site and the info. you guys have contributed.
Last season I just could not pull my compound back after sitting in the cold for 3 hours. I had a beautiful 9 point buck within 20 yds. of my treestand. I'm sure being an old curmudgeon had a lot to do with it.
It is so nice to purchase a product whose seller takes real interest in you and knows what they are selling. Wayne certainly does.
I thank Bill for the insight he brought to me with this site and the forum.
Thanks to everyone especially for the welcome to the forum.
Soon it will be time to practice, practice, practice.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Enjoy it.

Once they're sighted in, Excals can be almost boring to shoot - and I don't mean that in a bad way either - the consistency is just that good.

The Vixen is a real tack driver - you'll have a blast with it... but Mr. Deer won't like it one bit. :)
FlyingAce

Post by FlyingAce »

I have an order in to Wayne as well, and I too am anxiously waiting. I have ordered the new Exocet, and I cannot wait to hook it up to my shooting rig so that I can practice. One of the great things about archery is that you do not necessarily need a long range for practice. Personally, before my injury, I found that shooting a bow to be very therapeutic and relaxing. I cannot wait to feel that again. Don't get me wrong, I love shooting my rifle, but when you have to go about 50 miles out of your way for a good long range it puts a damper on the frequency of shooting.
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
patmax

Post by patmax »

Congratulations on the new Excalibur's - curmudgeon & flyingace...... I know your going to enjoy them. Practice is good - it builds confidence. After I had my Exocet sighted in I practiced off hand shots to build my confidence - it worked - I shot 3 for 3 - 2 doe and one spike at ranges of 15, 20 and 25 yards between Jan. 3 and Jan.16. A friend of mine who had never shot a crossbow got a spike at 32 yards one evening in December after making 5 or 6 practice shots with my Exocet.

Good hunting,
patmax
dsr

Shooting

Post by dsr »

Flyingace
I've been known to shoot my Excals in the basement.Be sure that everyone in the house is aware of the shooting and block entrances.My basement is 45 ft, long. I was using pieces of an old foam rubber tumbling mat as a backstop.A double layer worked well.
If you are still alive your mission here on Earth must not be completed.

Old rock hounds never die.They just slowly petrify.