Check this out People

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jim C

Check this out People

Post by Jim C »

Need a laugh? want to see the mindset of the xbow haters

from my moron stomp at AT

I voted no. I couldn't come up with a single handicap that precludes people from using a compound bow. I've even watched blind people shoot.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

one guy who posts this stuff keeps telling me I am not winning him over. I told him I was there to humiliate his nonsense and he constantly whines about guns

one guy was at least honest, he admits he hates anyone else hunting on the public property he hunts on\\

I suspect that he would end NASP too since I attended a seminar at the ATA show where a guy claimed that the nationala archery in school program has created a couple hundred new bowhunters as a result-not just the kids but often their parents
FlyingAce

Post by FlyingAce »

I'm often amazed by people's ignorance; most individuals go through life in their own little bubble. Once I was waiting outside a business when I got to my scheduled appointment early and I did not have anyone to open the door for me. Usually, I have no problem asking people if they could grab the door for me. This lady comes walking by and ask her, "Excuse me ma'am, but could you hold the door for me?" She, matter-of-factly, replied "Why, can't you get it yourself?" Shocked, I replied, "You know what you're absolutely right I CAN'T..." She shakes her head, opens the door, and shuts it right behind her. If it was not raining I would have enjoyed the day...

As far as hunting goes in the states with crossbows for the disabled, I wonder if it is in direct violation of the ADA? After all, government agencies, as well as public businesses, have to make "reasonable accommodations" for individuals with disabilities. Just an idea...

Just my tales from the front line[/i]
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

my legal speciality is handling discrimination cases-but as a defense attorney.

However, I agree-states that don't allow xbow archery for at least those who can't shoot a regular compound bow ought to be sued into bankruptcy under the anti disability discrimination act or the rehabilitation act
FlyingAce

Post by FlyingAce »

I could not agree more. My future in-laws that hunt the archery season in Montana have asked me to go with them, but Montana has a no xbow policy even for the disabled. This is really too bad since it has been my dream since before I could remember.
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Jim, some things never change :evil:

We still have a few here in Georgia that surface occasionally, on the non -"bowsite/AT forums," with the "hate" threads on Crossbow hunters, using every excuse but the one that really bothers them "They are afraid of us being in THEIR woods" :roll:

But most are admitting now that "physically handicapped" people are OK :shock: and of course those that can make a profit from us changed their public attitude real quick.

Some of them are even starting to try and invite crossbow hunters to their shoots but are not getting a lot of response, old "wounds" heal slowly :wink:

leo
MiB

Post by MiB »

Jim C,
I was reading through your thread on AT, lots of hot air, but no one seems to be able to come with any thing really against Xbows. It all sounded like they just didn't want anyone else sharing "their" season.
Good for you, for trying to point out the truth, even if it falls on deaf ears.
Regards MiB
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Leo in Ga wrote:Jim, some things never change :evil:

We still have a few here in Georgia that surface occasionally, on the non -"bowsite/AT forums," with the "hate" threads on Crossbow hunters, using every excuse but the one that really bothers them "They are afraid of us being in THEIR woods" :roll:

But most are admitting now that "physically handicapped" people are OK :shock: and of course those that can make a profit from us changed their public attitude real quick.

Some of them are even starting to try and invite crossbow hunters to their shoots but are not getting a lot of response, old "wounds" heal slowly :wink:

leo
sixty slow witted losers said they don't think even handicapped people should be able to hunt with xbows.

Now I don't usually wish ill will on even the most intellectually challenged and morally bankrupt of slugs but if all those losers were to suddenly blow out a rotator or have the elbow problems that many of us long time olympic recurve guys get I wouldn't lose any sleep over it :P
kelly ridge

Post by kelly ridge »

Been reading some of the posts on the I.A.'s and D.A.'s (that doesn't stand for Investigative Attorney or District Attorney). Don't let them get you down. I usually reply with something just as dumb, like: "I'll hunt with the vertical bow, if you will drive to work with your eyes closed." That's usually good for several eye blinks, and a jerk of the head. Kind of wish some of them would try it, that ought to thin them out really well.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Well guys, people are ignorant, and you don't have to go to far to find them. I'll try and tell a quick story. Try I said. I found this site, by accident, when I was researching crossbows. I suffered a shoulder injury in 1996, and until now, could cope with it. It got worse and worse, nerve damage, numbness, trimmers, and finally I just could not shoot my bow very well. I have always felt, if I could not practice I had no business in the woods. Archery was a big part of my life for the last 37 years. Thinking I had to give it up, was bad enough, but then to add insult to injury, I was faced with another blow. I used to hunt this guys property, and enjoyed many days in the field with this individual. I'm a fair turkey caller, and called in the first turkeys, he and his wife killed. I've killed numerous deer on his place also. My wife and I have gone to dinner, had them at our house, and vice/versa. Last year, I hunted very little, because of my problem. This year the state gave me a crossbow permit and I killed a deer with a borrowed crossbow. I called my "friend" who I thought would enjoy the news of my success, and he acted real funny. He never did congratulate me, as we usually do when one of us kills a deer. Instead, he said he would rather me get a bow lock, or some other device and use a real bow. He said he would not let me hunt on the property with a crossbow. Talk about a shock. He then proceeded to tell me that a crossbow did not kill the same way a "regular" bow did. Well, I'd heard enough, and can be pushed into an arguement fairly quick, if I feel I'm right. I told him I thought a regular bow shot a broadhead through the lungs, causing massive hemorrhage, and the animal dies. I said the crossbow shoots an 8" shorter arrow, with the same broadhead, going through the same lungs, causing the same massive hemorrhage. Thus, the animal dies the same exact way. He got mad at my analogy, tried to sound like nothing was wrong (he was mad) cut the conversation short. Then said goodnight. I thought he would be someone who understood my problem, but I guess not. I have not talked to him since that day, and we usually talked about twice a month. If he can't understand my problems, time to move on. Shame though. Oh, we've been hunting together for the last 15 years. This was as short as I could make it. Sorry.
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
PRB

Post by PRB »

Just went into town yesterday with wife and kids to wally world, pizza hut, and sports store. The bow guy acted different this time as he has before when there is other verticle shooters in the store practicing, ect...and I dont blame him as he is kinda stuck in the middle between high majority of verticle customers and me. I went to a heavier bolt and wanted to see exactly how much they weighed and chronograph it. By the way with a 125 target tip my total weight was 378.5, and shot 269fps. Anyway there was a guy standing there at the entrace of the 20yard indoor range holding his verticle compound, and I heard him say to someone in the range,"hey come here, there's a guy getting ready to shoot a crossbow" They stood there at the range entrance while I shot through the chrono again. They walked off and seem to make it a point to talk loud enough so I could hear them from the range room about how crossbows are for handicapped people. You could just sense theyre attitude. The bow guy that works there told me one time when there was no one else in the store that he likes the crossbow but knows its going to take time before people around here accept them. I kinda wish the jerk would have said something to me. I wanted to let him know that I prefer to kill the deer instead of wound it. Nothing against verticle compounds at all, what I mean is, lately these days I dont have time to wipe my .-.-., let alone practice with a verticle to be good enough for a good confident kill. I've loved crossbows since I was a kid and have always wanted one. Since they legalized them in TN for others than handicapped then buddy I couldnt wait to get one. I never expected there would be people out there that would be against it.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!