Virginia Crossbow bill..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Virginia Crossbow bill..

Post by Woody Williams »

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

sure to cause more bedwetting and garment rending by the cult of the selfish :twisted:
wabi

Post by wabi »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
5. A crossbow, which is a type of bow and arrow

You mean soneone finally figured that one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
wabi
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

wabi wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
5. A crossbow, which is a type of bow and arrow

You mean soneone finally figured that one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

a concept that the helium heads on bowsite have yet to figure out.

I have noticed something, sites with more skilled target archers and olympic recurve archers tend to be more tolerant of crossbows

As ARCHERY SKILL INCREASES, CROSSBOW HATING WANES
chessy

Post by chessy »

im not smart how long does it take to become law... i hunt bedford and franklin county for deer ... would be nice to shoot a few with a crossbow down there . will it be ready for next fall???????????????
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Apparently the bowsiters have had enough!! :lol: :lol:

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/TF/bgfor ... 3&forum=36
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

ExcalBeliever wrote:Apparently the bowsiters have had enough!! :lol: :lol:

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/TF/bgfor ... 3&forum=36
That means the anti-crossbowers were getting their collective clocks cleaned AGAIN..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Pat LeChicken is a clown. He recently posted a thread on one of the xbow bashings saying that they weren't anti crossbow nor did they stifle dissent

Yet a few mildly pro crossbow posters caused him to soil his drawers and ban xbow discussions because the lies his cultists spew are getting taken apart piece by piece
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

Don't be to hard on the Bowsite for thay know not what they do.

I got a very nicely worded and polite invitation(PM from an anti crossbow for anyone/any reason) to take my business elsewhere because I was "persuading" and "influencing" too many people to go "soft" on crossbows. I didn't get mad, I was really flattered! Shortly thereafter the crossbow topics were banned.

I have been bow hunting for 50 years. I have used self, long, flat, recurve, and compound bows. My personal favorite was the recurve and I used it for 31 years. An injury made it necessary to go to a low poundage compound. I am not a shortcut, lazy, slob, undicated hunter.

I always thought crossbows should not be allowed in the archery seasons except for the handicapped by permit. What made me change my mind was shen I started to help handicapped folk with permit letters set up crossbows. It is my, "REPEAT, MY" opinion that the compound has the advantage for the able bodied shooter/hunter, and a big advantage. You have to really like, enjoy a crossbow to use one for hunting which means dedication. I think more people should have the opportunity to set up and shoot crossbows.

JimC
By mildly pro crossbow posters I assume you were referring to Stealthycat :^)
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

The bill passed Monday. Vote was 98 yes, 0 no, 0 abstentions, 1 absent. It is now in the hands of the department of game and inland fisheries as I understand. VDGIF will hold a series of public hearings in April. If they decide to allow allow crossbows, you will have to come up with an extra $18.00(believed) for a crossbow license in addition to the $12.00 for an archery license. First use would be in the season starting first Saturday of October in 2006.