Broadhead testing criteria is finished for review.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FlyingAce

Broadhead testing criteria is finished for review.

Post by FlyingAce »

With the help of GaryL and Woody Williams, I think I have the testing criteria to be used to judge broadheads in a fair, systematic, and unbiased way. If anyone is interested the URL is:http://jimmace.com/outdoors/broadheadtest/criteria.htm. I do have to warn you, it is a little lengthy... :-)
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
maddog

Post by maddog »

To all Involved,
A really nice job!! Now when does the testing begin?? Im looking forward to it!

Bill
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

That sure reads super FlyingAce, sure will be keeping a eye open for results..Super Job you have started. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I have a few questions. What broadheads are you going to test? Are you going to test fixed blade broadheads only? Are you going to pay for the broadheads and materials yourself? Finally, when are you planning on starting?
FlyingAce

Post by FlyingAce »

The first set I was going to test are the WASP SST's that came with the deluxe package of my Exocet. In an ideal world I would like to have all of the heads donated to the cause; alas it is not an ideal world so I will probably have to fork out some cash along the way. In the meantime, however, I'm going to send out some documentation to the different broadhead manufacturers to see if they will donate a set of 6. As for when I actually plan on testing to start, well, I would like to do the WASP heads by this weekend so I can have a "demo" worked up to go along with the documentation, but that is still in the air since I have to make some changes to the web site and the underlying database. If I do not get everything finished this weekend I will have to put it off until next weekend.
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Looks like you put alot of work into that. Site looks good. Will check back occasionally for test results.
Good Luck in getting BH's to test.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I do believe he will get some help from some of the company's after they view and study his site and database as it progressives.

His work I feel would definitely be of benfit to them and us. However all though I am sure the company's have their own testing system it is not normally made available to us the buying public :!: That is a TRUE comparison test between all broadheads.

Problem as I see it is will the broadhead company's want us to know how well their BH compares too others..... :wink: I don't think I contradicted myself with this post... :wink: :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Deadeye

slick tricks will smoke em!

Post by Deadeye »

I think the slick tricks will be on the top!

they put down 7 deer this year for me!

Deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Great start, let the testing begin.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.