the new phoenix......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SHOREhunter

the new phoenix......

Post by SHOREhunter »

i was looking in buying my first crossbow and im interested in the new phoenix...... but me not knowing the difference between a good bow and a bad one... i turn to u people on this fourm for help! im just getting into hunting, im only 15 but i love just being outside and enjoying nature, so i need some advive on whats the most reliable crossbow out there. its a lot of $$$ but i've been saving up and i want 2 know if you or someone you know has one, or just your opinon on the subject, ant advice would be great!! thanks,

zack
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

SHOREhunter welcome, I have a phoenix and it's a great xbow, 175# shoot's real nice. Good balance and a nice short draw length. Go for it... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Go for the Phoenix, I'm sure you'll like it a lot. If you can find some of the Ontario Excal members, I'm sure anyone of them would be more than happy to personally mentor/help you on your way.

It is GOOD to see some of the younger EXCAL members getting into crossbows and crossbow hunting.
Butt

THe new Phoenix

Post by Butt »

SHOREhunter, were about's are you located? We have an archery shop in Sydenham, Ont. We carry all Excal models and would be happy in letting you try one. The Phoenix is a nice shooting Xbow, brought one in for my dad a few weeks back. Put it together and handed it to him, not even sighted in yet, topped it with a Vari-zone and he put three bolts inside a 2" circle off hand. This Xbow is a real shooter :wink:

Shoot'em straight "Butt"
FlyingAce

Post by FlyingAce »

I just purchased the Exocet 200, and my brother has Robin Hooded, shooting one bolt into the back of another, three of my bolts so far. I have not personally shot my xbow since I have not yet adapted it to my shooting rig. As far as craftsmanship goes I'm not sure that you could find a better xbow as far as recourves go anyway. I hear that the Ten Point compound xbow is a fine piece of machinery, but at close to 1000 dollars U.S. is far too rich for my blood. Plus, the more pieces and complexity of the xbow the greater the liability for something going wrong. I have a Horton Hunter Supreme #150, and it does not even come close to the accuracy of my Excalibur. We are able to shoot less than 1" groups at 20 and 30 yards.
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Ten Point makes what is called the Titan TL-4 that is in the $400 to $450 range. I have this bow and it is extremly accurate and not noticeably different than the Exocet 200 other than simplicity.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!