Stabilizers for crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DOXNUT

Stabilizers for crossbows

Post by DOXNUT »

Just wondering if anyone has used stabilizers on their crossbows? I just mounted a "ShockBlocker 500" for testing, and so far so good. The extra weight makes my Exocet now feel like my paradox, but their is no recoil.
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

This is a NAP Shockblocker 500 5" version on my Vixen:

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

less see ya have a Custom Mark H. Stock, Shockblocker 500, and what else :?: ooooh yeh a set of custom speed bars :shock: :wink: :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

GaryL wrote:less see ya have a Custom Mark H. Stock, Shockblocker 500, and what else :?: ooooh yeh a set of custom speed bars :shock: :wink: :twisted:
Yeah, a lot of nice accessories. All that's needed now is a rail and limbs worthy of them. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

A new Vari-zone scope.....come on mail!!!

I should know better...years ago (read 1989) when I worked on the Trans-Canadian Natural Gas Pipeline. I used to have my Mom Fed-Ex my bills to wherever I was staying at..... usually a Best Western Hotel!!

I had direct-deposit and I always carried my checkbook with me. SO, anyways, my bills would come to me via Fed-Ex from the U.S. I'd write out the checks and Fed-Ex them back to her so she could mail them!!

I still can't figure out why the mail is sooooooo sloooow from Canada to the U.S. :?: :?:
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Nice Job, Excalbeleiver! I mounted mine in the same location, but with only about 1/2 from the bottom. I mounted it use the pre-taped holes for the quiver bracket.

I'd would show ya the picture but I have no idea how........
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ComfyBear wrote:
GaryL wrote:less see ya have a Custom Mark H. Stock, Shockblocker 500, and what else :?: ooooh yeh a set of custom speed bars :shock: :wink: :twisted:
Yeah, a lot of nice accessories. All that's needed now is a rail and limbs worthy of them. :wink:
Ya have too mean a Phoenix Image
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

On my main point blanc I use the stabilizer that came with it. Its best to put the stabilizer back towards the trigger to balance the bow. In addition, I screwed on a Korean Cartel adjustable vbar holder as well. The vbar holder allows three more stabilizers-I attached TWO lancaster counterweights-8 ounces each-one goes straight down, the other points (Put the PB on a horizontal line with the stock at 3 oclock and the stirrup at 9 oclock) at about 7 oclock,the main bar is at 3 oclock

its more for the WEIGHT than vibration control. My AUSBOW TNC bows each have one sand filled stabilizer in the same positions.
fletch

Post by fletch »

I have dual stabilizers on my max and they help quiet it down considerabley by lowering the amount of vibration. Here is a pic of my setup.
Last edited by fletch on Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Digger

Post by Digger »

I have the dual NAP stabilizers as well, quiets the xbow really well.

Digger

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwA0A38U ... 5981323280
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
BUCKSHOT

Stabilizer

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I have a custom made dual stabilizer brkt. from bj, I did the same as Jim C. and pointed it back towards the trigger. I had them on the other way but I found that the reverse method helped me to stabilize the weight better! I use the shockblockers and they work well to cushion the shock of bolt release! :wink:
Shoot Straight!
Enjoy the Harvest!
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Nice set-ups! I was thinking of going with a double but weight was a concern, but as it turned out the exocet only needed one. I was also trying to keep my stabilizer even with the stock, since I do alot of bench style shooting.

I think I'll make a couple more bracket today, just so I have options to play with.
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

That's a nice setup Digger!! 8)
fletch

Post by fletch »

Buckshot you say you mounted the stabilizers toward the trigger does that not interfere with your hand holding the front grip. If I mounted mine that way then I could tap the mount for my quiver. Do you have a quiver mount on you setup ?
BUCKSHOT

No Quiver

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Hey Fletch
I like the dual stabilizer set-up, I don't have a bow mount quiver! I always use a hip quiver. I find that the stabilizers are not in the way as far as my foregrip goes. One thing I like about having them face the back is that I have a ton of room to put my boot into the stirrup now. With my big rubber boots this was a problem before. I really feel that having the weight directly in line or below my foregrip has helped even more to stabilize the bow!
IMO
Enjoy the Harvest!