Lets fix that pain in the Butt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKSHOT

Lets fix that pain in the Butt

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I know that most guys are inventive and resourcefull on this forum, that is part of what makes this so interesting! Usually if we have a problem we ask other members how to remedy!
I was wondering if anyone has one of those little pain in the butt things that have been nagging them!
Any little thing that you would like to fix or see something new for!
I was thinking that one little item that would be neat, would be to have a little display stand, where you could set your bow in the Horizontal position without laying it on the floor or table. If you could make something that would hold the bow securely you could possibly do some little jobs like setting your db bar spacing, mount your scope or sights or just plain display it for pictures or whatever!
Any thoughts would be appreciated, I bet we can come up with a lot of cool ideas! :idea: :wink:
Shoot Straight!
Enjoy the Harvest!
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Good Post.
:idea: Also someone may have an idea of a padded rack to secure Xbow to an ATV, Come on guys :)
wabi

Post by wabi »

wabi
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Dang it! Looks like excalibur is a step ahead of us!
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
BUCKSHOT

Yep

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Thanks Wabi
I've seen those brackets before, I was kind of thinkin' of the bow being oriented the other way, so the stock would be cradled and the bow would be horizontal! Then you would be free to work on the front end if you wanted! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Excalibur Crossbow Stand 21.75 Can 17.40 US at Archers Nook

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
LoneWolf

Re: Yep

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Bucktail

Work stand

Post by Bucktail »

How about this for a work stand. I use it all the time.
http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/gunm.html

Bucktail
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

this works for me....with some padding over the jaws of course.
GaryL

Re: Work stand

Post by GaryL »

Bucktail wrote:How about this for a work stand. I use it all the time.
http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/gunm.html

Bucktail
Buckshot what LoneWolf is refering to is the same item in the above link..these can be found at wally world and Kmart and also at most sporting stores. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BUCKSHOT

Cool

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I think that mtmcase-gard and the workhorse are both great ideas. The case-gard looks good and portable and worth the investment to me!
Thanks guys.
Hey Curmudgeon, I don't know about padded holders for the atv. but I do know that you can get some u-shaped bracket with fins, which bolt directly onto your carrying rack and support the bow nicely. They also have a tie cord. One problem though! A friend of mine used one last hunting season and the bumping and jarring knocked his scope out of adjustment! Good thing we were target practicing between hunts when he noticed! Perhaps something with more padding would be great!
Another great idea I saw last season was that one of the guys clamped a couple of u-shaped gun holders onto his old man tree climber and used them to hold his bow! The bow sat in them pretty good and allowed him the flexibilty of eating and moving comfortably without working around the bow as much!
Another thing I thought would be good would be to carry some little hooks for the old man climber I have, so I can hook my backpack or antlers, binoculars or whatever on them while in the stand!
Got any other ideas to share fellas'?
Enjoy the Harvest!
PRB

Post by PRB »

Id like to see a factory made set of adjustable fiber optic sights. About the time I get something set up that I like then theyll probably come out with them. Thats my luck.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!